• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

NinjaR's Super Awesome Pepper Explosion Show Log

I guess I'll start keeping a grow log.  At the moment, I have 15 reaper and 15 ghost pepper juveniles and 26 habanero seedlings.  The habs are on their third sets of leaves, so I'll probably be transplanting them soon.  The reapers and GPs are in Solo cups under grow lights waiting for the temperatures to get warm.

Today's temperature outside was an unseasonably warm 81 degrees, so I set the reapers and GPs outside for a couple of hours.  Curiously, the cotyledons on some dropped.  Otherwise, they looked just fine.  I was a little hesitant to put them outside because I didn't want any sort of weird fungi or weed seeds or anything else blowing in their cups.

After I set them outside, I fired up the old Troy-Bilt tiller -- this thing is old as hell, but it's a freakin' beast with front wheels and rear tines -- tilled up the bed they'll be in and spread out compost.  Looking at putting them out toward the end of March if the forecast looks OK (zone 8a).

I realized a little earlier this evening that, although I have a bunch of stuff in my head that I want to plant, I have no idea where it's going.  I'm gonna have to sketch out a new garden plot this evening, and I'll probably mark everything up tomorrow afternoon.

Here's a picture.  Excuse the fence; my neighbors are the worst ever and abandoned their home about four months ago.  The new land owner tore down the existing house and is putting up a new McMansion there, but told us they don't plan to put in the new fence for a while.  I offered to do it for cost since we put up our privacy fence around our property and we have the stuff to do it, but apparently that's not good enough.

Everything to the left of the bed has been covered with leaves since November to mulch over the existing weeds.  Looks like hell, but under those leaves, it's actually pretty nice.  

16708458_10210500295535088_4833706892767430117_n.jpg

Ayy, looking good!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you end up producing - I can sense some mad powder and sauce action impending!

Keep it up! :party:

A little update on a big freakin' subject: My garden is going into overdrive.  We've gotten some nice beneficial rain showers over the past few weeks and no hail.  Watermelons won't stop growing and have well exceeded the spaces they were supposed to be in.  I pulled 41 cucumbers from my four plants a couple of days ago, and there's no sign of them stopping any time soon.

BUT!  This is a peppers group!  My reapers are doing better than any other plant in the garden -- they come up to my chest, and I'm a little over six feet tall.  Ghost peppers are going nuts out there with tons of them on every plant.  Habs are....well, they're habs and they're exploding.

I have so many that I put an ad out on Facebook marketplace thinking someone might buy them.  Sold $50 worth in a couple of days.  Here's the next set going out.  Some big ol' peppers here.  Some of those reapers look positively evil!
19748369_10211816877208807_6293424905991694556_n.jpg

Back