• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

No bhut...what is it?

Not a bhut...what is it?
They were supposed to be bhuts.

Whatkind001.jpg

Same plant
Whatkind002.jpg

Same plant
Whatkind003.jpg

Same seeds, bhut? Don't think so...
Whatkind004.jpg

Thanks

That plant is screaming Caribbean Red, it has a more wrinkled pod but everything else is dead on.

If it crossed with anything, I'd be willing to bet it was a Caribbean Red.

peppermanbaha said:
bhut cross. quesion is what did it cross with. were did u get the sees from.

I'm curious to know this too. I also have a plant that I thought was a bhut but the pods are looking more like habs. Is there maybe a new strain of Bhuts that look that way? Or are they all going to be cross-dressing peppers? :lol:

Thanks for the guesses guys.

The seeds came from an open pollinated source, although isolated from other groups. I think the saying is, "sh#!" happens. I did some watering this morning and found a big insect hole in the pepper in the last picture. The darn bug must of dined all night. Bastard. Pinched it, cleaned it up, and threw it in my mouth. Not much heat..just a little after lasting burn on the lips.

All I know is those pods in the first two picture are large. It will be interesting to see them ripen.

How common is it to get wrong or crossed seeds. Seems like a lot of guys post "what is this" becuase they grew what they thought was something that it isn't, but of course guys getting good seeds will never post so I only read the cross posts. Is it safe to say a lot of seeds given or traded are some type of cross and it's normal to expect this?

well sometime yu'll get crosses other time you wont. Even seed companies give you crosses. As the spicy chicken Man POTAWIE says . He's gotten crosses out of every batch of seeeds he's orders. Some crosses and some purebreeds. It's like the lottery you never know ( oh how i wish i did though).

Back