• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

No Country for Old Men

Hungry Pepper - Don't include spoilers incase people haven't seen the movie since it's a recent movie.

If enough people want to discuss this, lets do it in a new thread labeled *SPOILERS* so people who haven't seen the movie can avoid it if they want to. It's not like Planet of the Apes or Citizen Cane where everyone knows the ending already.

dreamtheatervt said:
If enough people want to discuss this, lets do it in a new thread labeled *SPOILERS* so people who haven't seen the movie can avoid it if they want to.

yea that sure would've been nice...

i was going to see it in theatres but then i read some quick description and i thought i already saw it ten years ago when it was called 'a simple plan' but now that i read a newer more thorough description i should really rent it...
fave three:
big lebowski
intolerable cruelty
the ladykillers

dreamtheatervt said:
Hungry Pepper - Don't include spoilers incase people haven't seen the movie since it's a recent movie.

If enough people want to discuss this, lets do it in a new thread labeled *SPOILERS* so people who haven't seen the movie can avoid it if they want to. It's not like Planet of the Apes or Citizen Cane where everyone knows the ending already.

ah my bad, thought this was a forum to talk about movies.

TheHungryPepper said:
ah my bad, thought this was a forum to talk about movies.

It is, but giving away the ending of something recent is different than giving away the ending of "Citizen Kane" or "Planet of the Apes" because those have been out long enough to garner tons of pop culture references. I've never seen PotA (I want to rent it sometime though...the original), but I know how it ends because it's been lampooned enough in TV (Simpsons come to mind) and movies (Spaceballs).

I watched No Country again last night, and I stand by my original statement...the ending is perfect as is.

I agree with dreamtheatervt, when talking about movies (at least movies that are kinda new) you dont talk about the details about the movie indepth, just talk about it in general. & you sure dont tell the ending!
because theres people that like to watch movies being out of the loop as to whats going on so they can figure out whats going on for theirself. thats what makes watching some movies great, if I knew the whole plot of the movie, it'd ruin it IMO

if you havent seen "no country for old men" just rent it, its a great movie! theres some violence/blood - not a horror/slasher type of movie, just suspence/drama type.

oh yea as for when I said the ending is "so-so" well it is, BUT theres nothing wrong with the ending. I like it, just I thought the ending would be something different. the way dreamtheather put it in the other post how the ending is makes sense. its just so-so not a great ending but not bad either!

Can't wait to see No Country, also agree with Dream on The Big Lab.. I've probably watch it 100 times, impossible to pick a best scene, Bridges should of got an Oscar for the Dude. Did anybody ever see the movie Runaway Train?

My take on the ending was 'WTF?" , like many people I'm sure. Then I thought about it for a while and came to realize that it was perfect and , dare I say, brilliant.

I really want to read some Cormac McCarthy now,

Back