• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Noah Yates' 2015 Grow Log

First Wave- Sown December 12, 2014

No star: original seeds
One star * : second generation
Two stars ** : third generation
  1. 7 pot bubblegum
  2. 7 pot douglah*
  3. 7 pot primo*
  4. 7 pot yellow
  5. aji pineapple*
  6. bhut jolokia caramel*
  7. bhut jolokia chocolate
  8. bhut jolokia indian carbon**
  9. bhut jolokia peach**
  10. carolina reaper**
  11. carolina reaper** [SIZE=8pt](ultra thin tale)[/SIZE]
  12. habanero (black**)
  13. habanero (mustard*)
  14. habanero (red savina)
  15. habanero (white)
  16. scorpion (ButchT*)
  17. scorpion (ButchT**)
  18. scorpion (jay's peach ghost*)
  19. scorpion (yellow*)
  20. scotch bonnet 7 jonah
  21. scotch bonnet 7 jonah*
  22. scotch bonnet TFM*
  23. trinidad perfume*
  24. tobasco*
[SIZE=10pt] 24varieties x 12 seeds of each = 288 plants[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]288 plants x 1 tray/72 spaces = 4 trays[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Selecion-[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]24 varieties x 3 best specimens =72 plants[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]72 plants x 1 tray/18 spaces = 4 trays[/SIZE]=1 bank of 4ft lights

IMG_9073.JPG

IMG_9074.JPG

Over-Winters:

Yellow Scorpion
IMG_9083.JPG

Aji Pineapple
IMG_9084.JPG

Noah Yates said:
First wave of chinenses (and some ajis and tobascos) soaking up some foliar fed cal-mag and liquid seaweed.

Holy CRAP, do those look happy! What's your recipe for liquid seaweed? Is that something you can make with kelp granules? (I have a bunch of that on hand.) 
     Also, I was wondering if you planned on growing in that river bottom garden you planted last year. I remember that it got a little overrun with weeds toward the end of last season. It seemed pretty productive considering how little maintenance you put into it. (If I'm remembering correctly…)

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

Holy CRAP, do those look happy! What's your recipe for liquid seaweed? Is that something you can make with kelp granules? (I have a bunch of that on hand.) 
     Also, I was wondering if you planned on growing in that river bottom garden you planted last year. I remember that it got a little overrun with weeds toward the end of last season. It seemed pretty productive considering how little maintenance you put into it. (If I'm remembering correctly…)

I have some maxicrop liquid seaweed, I just put about0.4ml in my spraybottle (a few drips)... I dont regularly foliar spray, im just trying it out because the soil is too moist to feed, but they are starting to show signs of defficiencies (and the light is probably too close as well.  And yes, I will be growing in the creek bottom lands!!!!  This time I plan to follow through with at least 4 inches of mulch across the whole garden.

I will be growing the vast majority of the anuums out myself... I may give just a few to close friends and family.  I gave away about half of the chinenses I planted though.  I plan to practically sustain myself with sweet and mild peppers.

I planted 5 trays of tomatoes on 3/13  and 2 trays of eggplants along with 3 trays of flowers on wednesday.  I am about to get started sowing the rest of the flowers and then the rest of the vegetables/herbs that are to be sown indoors.

First wave of chinenses 93 days after being sown with "growdown contest large orange thais"
IMG_9600.JPG

eggplants and flowers
IMG_9601.JPG

Most of the tomatoes are up.
IMG_9602.JPG

Second wave of chinenses 63 days after being sown.
IMG_9603.JPG

Anuums 35 days after being sown.
IMG_9605.JPG

I just did some massive rearranging to allow more space for trays.... luckily spring is approaching rapidly, so this is just temporary.  That is alot of space for trays XD :dance: :dance: :dance:
IMG_9606.JPG

IMG_9607.JPG

More work to do...
IMG_9608.JPG

IMG_9609.JPG

lol!!!! hey, its stable, and it will work ;)       and I didnt have to make any cuts to the boards.... thats the mian reason I did it like that (I didnt want to cut the boards and they were the only ones I had on hand).... otherwise i would have made a more tidy looking configuration. :P

Back