NOOB in Florida (where it's a greenhouse year round)

Hi all from Florida.  Just plant my first pepper seeds ever 2 months ago and of course I am hooked!  Have spent a lot of time browsing the forums here and picked up a lot of great information. 

Growing Jalapeno, Hab, Bell, Banana. Have Reapers germinating along with scotch Bonnet and more seeds on the way so looking forward to seeing what I can grow! 

Again thanks for all the great information picked up here!

:welcome: to the THP forums from SC! Nice to have you here. Hope your season turns out great this year, especially with the great pepper growing climate you have- big harvests;)  

placebo257 said:
Hi all from Florida.  Just plant my first pepper seeds ever 2 months ago and of course I am hooked!  Have spent a lot of time browsing the forums here and picked up a lot of great information. 

Growing Jalapeno, Hab, Bell, Banana. Have Reapers germinating along with scotch Bonnet and more seeds on the way so looking forward to seeing what I can grow! 

Again thanks for all the great information picked up here!

welcome from a fellow SoFlo'n. Let me know if you need any help or advice! 

Thanks all!

Sirex,
I am in Highlands county just north of Lake Okeechobee.

Big B thanks.  

Do you Florida growers put up shade for garden planted peppers in the summer?  Right now all my plants are getting full sun all day long.  I think anymore I plant will be going in containers so I can move them to partial shade and because i ran out of garden room. The wife is complaining I am crowding her veggies out :)

My back yard is partial sun and never really gets full sun because of royal palms surrounding the house. With that being said, when I bring my smaller plants I start from indoors to outdoors, I keep them in even shadier spots along the north wall for a few weeks to harden off. All my peppers are in pots

Back