• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Noob wants sauce

How about "smack any girls ass in florida & have yer pick of wut is evah in a bottle that come on up from the garden this week" hot sauce. Sure to have peppers, basil, onions & garlic & vinegar, salt & a lotta love.

Be part of the special mama's

DEFCON Creator said:
"its all trial & error for what hot sauces you'll like. you only have 2 choices - extract sauces or natural ingredient sauces."

But remember, not all extract sauces taste like extract. :cool:

QFT....I hate extracts...but Defcon seemed solve this problem..
none of that crappy chemical taste...

I'd start with CaJohns puree's to get a feel for the pepper...
the Fatalii puree is the best...IMO

rainbowberry said:
I looked up Smack my ass and call me Sally on the internet, got a few strange things from that search :shocked: I found it and I don't think it does contain extract. The ingredients are Habs, carrots, onions, vinegar, garlic, lime juice, salt. Sounds very natural. The site I looked on gave it a rating of 8 out of 10 for heat.

The "Smack My Ass" sauces are from a line of them from Peppers.com, and are pretty decent...if not incredibly imaginative sauces. A fairly straighforward habanero sauce with a mildly suggestive label.

The one entitled "Smack my ass...the Slap Hear Around the World" is an extract sauce, scoville units unlisted.

For a mere $39.99, you can get the Smack my ass...Chet's Gone Mad" sauce, which is an extract version with 1.5 million scovilles of stomach-cramping goodness. Not sure who would want to use this sauce, but it's there for the taking.

If you're looking for sauce suggestions, Noob, there are far too many good ones out to limit to a top-10 list or anything. It all depends on the pepper you like, overall taste, heat, etc.

yeah i have the smack my ass.the smack heard from around the world. its pretty hot. it made some guys at school cry. then some dumbass took the bottle i brough at took a big sip. thought he was gunna die lol:hell:

I guess you just look at some websites that sell sauces and go by their heat ratings. I started with Cholula but now I can't seem to find a sauce with enough heat and a taste I like without them containing extract.

lol got a bottle of 'pain' from Bent, and liked it a lot.
Smells like a dessert and has a real pepper-like taste, but sweet and 'unique'. ;)
It's one of the fruity sauces I actually liked. :cool:
Not too hot for a newbie, and hot enough to spice up things.

Maybe it's just me, but I prefer eating fresh whole peppers with the meal.
Sauces FOR ME are just something to add flavor.

Happy that you like the 'pain' Omri wait till you see the recipe I have planned for the Naga (or Bhut, whatever I can get a kg of first)

I agree, theres really no substitute for fresh pods. I have one on the side of my plate for nearly every meal & take a little slice off for each forkful. It would be the best way to work out where your heat tolerances are.

Bang for the buck, I like extract and use it sparingly on nearly everything. Bottle lasts a long time. Down South, Defcon, Baby Damian, Tropical Pepper XXXX, and many others only last 1, maybe 2 meals.

rainbowberry said:
I guess you just look at some websites that sell sauces and go by their heat ratings. I started with Cholula but now I can't seem to find a sauce with enough heat and a taste I like without them containing extract.

If you're here on the U.S. side of the Atlantic Ocean, there are a few sauces I could recommend that would give you the burn you want without needing extract. If you're in the UK, they're still the same ones...but it will cost you more for shipping. :(

I've become a little gun-shy with the extract sauces. I used to be able to eat a fair amount at any given time, depending on the meal. Now, it doesn't take much before my stomach gets a little cramp-y if I eat more than a 1/4 teaspoon or so. Not sure if it's the extraction process that some people do or what, but I'll take the natural burn over ANY extract sauce. They almost always taste better as well.

- Joe

"Not sure if it's the extraction process that some people do or what"

It's mainly the trace residue of the chemicals used by most to get the extracts out.

Back