• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Noodle thread

Didn't see one and I noticed their are some people making their own Noodles so hope theirs going to be more interest. Gonna make some Noodles from scratch this weekend.

meanwhile;

Linguine Alfredo, kind ove.

Squid ink noodles and leftover clam chowder from this months Throwdown, topped with Blue Cheese and added more Dried Yellow Habaneros.

P1100817_LinguineAlfredo-1000_zpsdeb4gqxj.jpg

I made shrimp and smoked sausage fettuccine. The noodles were kinda of a pain and that's probably because I'm a rookie but they came out silky and soft but far from mushy. I'm hooked!! 

I ran it down to a thickness I thought was good, I could almost see through it.I went too thin thinking they would expand more so lesson learned on that.
100_12551.jpg

I left some with no sauce so you can see them

100_12571.jpg

100_12581.jpg

8 noodles and some stuff! :lol: I like but MORE noodle!

I don't like thin soups.

'Specially ones with noodles or pasta.

Yeah. 

I'm. That guy.

That doesn't like pho.

Or limp ass 'Murican chicken noodle.

I like thick chowders, stews, et. al.

Thatern' looks in between and not too skinny.

A wheelbarrow of butter and garlic pays for many sins.

And I do soooo love sinning!

I love sinning so much I put it up there with my love for shrimp!

Gimme' that bowl.

And take me to hell.

HAHA!!! You have a way with words. I couldn't finish the bowl last night but knocked it out for breakfast. The butter was jelled up and I think it was better today. That was 1.5lbs of shrimp before I started and it was pure ecstasy. I will put this on the menu more often.

I had my 3rd pasta dish today with homemade pasta and the difference in texture, taste and gravy holding capacity is worth the little work to make them. I can't believe I waited this long to make fresh pasta.

I had noodles left so I opened a jar of Bertoli Vineyard Marinara with Burgundy Wine. I browned a lb of ground meat, drained the grease, dumped the jar in and started the water. I cooked the noodles al dente and then put them in the sauce with a little pasta water to finish cooking. Made a plate and topped with Parm, parsley and a slice of Texas toast. 
100_12811.jpg

Rajun Gardener said:
I'm unsupervised tonight and playing with the pasta maker. You know, it's messy even trying not to be messy. I have shit scattered every where.
Those pasta makers aren't made for granite, i need to figure out a better way to mount it. Maybe that's why the DIY channel is next to Food network!!

The soup is still cooking, results at 11:00.
attachicon.gif
100_1272.JPG
attachicon.gif
100_1273.JPG
attachicon.gif
100_1274.JPG

I have been debating getting one of those noodle makers.  Looks awesome!

I'm with TB...if I'm making noodles they are going in a thick soup.  Just finished off some leftover turkey and egg noodles.

I do make a lot of buttered/parm/herb noodles that would be great with homemade thin noodles.

Amazon came with the Italian goods, I made pasta with semolina and 00 flour with a little EVOO and salt. I was in a rush since I started late and ran the pasta down too thin, it's closer to angel hair than spaghetti. I made meatballs from Italian sausage then sauteed onions, bells and mushrooms and added cheap pasta sauce. I usually don't like angel hair pasta because it gets mushy to easy but this had a nice texture. 

I'm making ravioli when the motor I ordered gets here, I already bought the little cutter and most of the ingredients.!!!

100_13121.jpg

Back