• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Normal growth for a Carolina reaper?

Eroll26 said:
Hey!
Thank you! Nothing advanced, I bought organic worm castings and filled an old sock with it, then let it sit in a bucket of water over night. I also added it as topdressing and the plants seem to love it. :)
The light is a viparspectra rig from Amazon. The heat output in my small area is just perfect with a 16/8 lightschedule.

Thanks! Yes I started out with a concentrated nutrient called Chilifocus and I think that made the damage on the leaves worse.
As of right now Im only using organic firtilizers and I will look into trying fish and kelpextracts next!
I cant really vouch for epsom salt yet either, but my plants looks healthier then ever right now. :)
Thank you for your posts I'm having the same problem as you started with and giving me confidence that the strain is just slow growth as I harvested the seed from full perfect ripe finished reapers off Amazon

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

YAMracer754 said:
Thank you for your posts I'm having the same problem as you started with and giving me confidence that the strain is just slow growth as I harvested the seed from full perfect ripe finished reapers off Amazon

Thanks! Hang in there and give it time. I just kept making adjustments in heat, aircirculation and watering with or without ferts and finally got it right.
Right now I have lots of pods and the bush keeps producing! :)

sY0m81A.jpg

Nice looking chili plants right there, but even if Chilli focus is good fertilizer, it is far too expensive to use if you have more than a few plants to grow compared to many other fertilizers that produce similar results with a fraction of the price.

Manufacturer recommend dosage for that stuff:

Growth Technology – Chilli Focus recommended dosage for growth – 5ml/litre

Growth Technology – Chilli Focus recommended dosage for fruiting – 10ml/litre

One litre of that fertilizer is soon spend using those dosages.

Eroll26 said:
Hey!
Thank you! Nothing advanced, I bought organic worm castings and filled an old sock with it, then let it sit in a bucket of water over night. I also added it as topdressing and the plants seem to love it. :)
The light is a viparspectra rig from Amazon. The heat output in my small area is just perfect with a 16/8 lightschedule.

Thanks! Yes I started out with a concentrated nutrient called Chilifocus and I think that made the damage on the leaves worse.
As of right now Im only using organic firtilizers and I will look into trying fish and kelpextracts next!
I cant really vouch for epsom salt yet either, but my plants looks healthier then ever right now. :)

How did you get a viparspectre from amazon? I kinda wanted one back when i was setting up but according to amazon viparspectre doesnt deliver to denmark (i kinda assumed they wouldnt deliver to sweden either then)

Eroll26 said:
Thanks! Hang in there and give it time. I just kept making adjustments in heat, aircirculation and watering with or without ferts and finally got it right.
Right now I have lots of pods and the bush keeps producing! :)

sY0m81A.jpg
Damn dude looks righteous!! I'm dealing with fungus gnat larvae as I grudgingly found out today, still waiting on a few more seed varieties from fellow forum members to the rescue, I got some more reaper seeds too, I think I'll plant some but use peroxide on em before planting just to be on the safe side.. My reapers look.. For lack of a better word-"retarded" growth.. Like leaves growing sideways and stuff-did you get any of that? I'll show you, I hope it's not "bls" brown leaf spot I read about..
Regards brother..
-Tristan
957b6c87a0647d6e6114fd87bf9821e5.jpg
b695dc5e5cb06d94f3bbc9f92630d00d.jpg

Back