• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Normal leaves turned curly n other problems-why, pls advise

RIMG1084.jpg

RIMG1087.jpg

RIMG1081.jpg

RIMG1085.jpg

Hello, I had been at my wits end over what caused my normal looking chili plants' leaves later turn curly.....see the row of problems pics. Also, the single leaf...what black spots are those?

Truly appreciate advise - esp if they can be cured. A real sad thing to cull them.

THANKS

I wouldn't worry about the first and third pics. My plants did the same thing and eventually grew out of it.

The last pic looks a little strange but hopefully someone more qualified than me can help you out shortly.

Are there any tiny white bugs on the bottom of that leaf?
Could be a magnesium deficiency add a Tbs of Epsom Salt to gallon of water

These pics look VERY VERY familiar to me. My chocolate hab is still going through the same issues. It's either one of two things or a combo of both.

Mite infestation is one possibility that i had and dealt with. The other is a severe nutrient deficiency. I modified my fertilizer and finally got the sucker to flower AND grow some normal looking leaves. You'll find that the wrinkled leaves are very brittle and break easily. Check your soil if you have the means and figure out what your missing. Also, check THOROUGHLY for an infestation.

I hope i've helped. I'm still new at all this, but this is what i found for my own plants and had success. Good luck!

Thanks Skealo, fineexample and luckydog

Hi again....

I am grateful to you for yr thoughts and advise.

Killed off (I hope) some thrips when I saw one plant with bronzed shoots. Not a major infestation. Guess the mites KOed. Then most of the chili plants get the same spray treatment.

Curly leaves- sigh, OK, I will give them more Magnesium - I gave them some over a week ago. as I plant in cement troughs (larger, deeper) and not pots,more magnesium may be required. Checked curtly leaves - no mites no thrips.

Though the shoots have flower pods, they arener invisible due to the curly leaves.

let's see. It is very humid and blazing hot in South east Asia - that's where I am.

THANKS again.

Nice looking plants Mine curled also but they came out okay the last one I am glad it came out of it okay. They over all look pretty good

Back