• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

North East Second Year Grow

So this is my first grow log.  I grew a variety of super hots & Jalapenos last summer from seed & had pretty good luck...  This year I'm trying to raise the bar.
Planted some seed in late January & then more in Feb.  Winter sucked here.  I want to move someplace warm like Arizona.  This is my grow list

Jalapeno Billy Biker
MOA Scotch Bonnets
Bhut Jalokia
Yellow Bhut
Butch T
Red Squash
Chocolate Bhut
7 Pot Brain Strain
Cumra Cherry
Chocolate Jamaican Habanero
Yellow Fatali
7 Pot Rennie
Pimenta Elisir Bhut x Nede
Padron
Poblano
Sante Fe
Shishisto

and assorted other vegetables.

I'm growing it under a couple 2 x 4 8 Bulb T5 fixtures & 1 1 x 2 T5 4 bulb fixture until I cant plant them out.  Seems like a long way still...Cold as hell, rainy & just down right shitty every day.  I have faith that sooner or later warm weather will come.
I planted most of the Chinense in late January.  A few of them have issues but they are directly related to my ill fated attempt at building a shelf....Yea they all came crashing down!  I lost probably 10% of my plants to stupidity & laziness.  I had only myself to blame. 
Most of the survivors seem to be doing pretty well.
20150405_164411.jpg
20150405_164431.jpg

moruga welder said:
looking good !  and i hear ya on that moving to arizona !  mama and i been scoping out homes down south . for  the future !
Nice! My son is 8 so I'm not moving anytime soon. Nice to dream though.

Runescape said:
Nice list and plants.

When did you move the plants outside last year?
Thanks! Last year I put them out last week of May. Some went in a raised bed garden but most in 5-10 gallon pots.
So this morning I transplanted about 25 tomato seedlings & switched up my watering system. I was using the double keg cup method but it was a pain in the ass due to the cramped space of my grow room (it's in my boiler room). I put the cups in trays & now I just pour the water in the tray. Do you think it might cause issues with fungus gnats? How much water should I put in the tray? I am starting with about an inch. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Peppers are looking good. I'm on vacation so I'm feeling good!
Tomatoes & random seedlings.

Attachments

• 20150413_194839.jpg
    20150413_194839.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 20150413_194832.jpg
    20150413_194832.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 20150413_194847.jpg
    20150413_194847.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 36
Back