• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

North Star Poddage - Generic Start

Hello All,

I have been patrolling the forums for best practices and developing an interest in all the varieties of habs and bhuts and other beauties that are out there. As it is my first time trying my hand at growing, and I'm starting things out on seeds I found around town at local nurseries.. and some bishops crown seeds a friend brought back from Germany. I'd love to try my hand at the wide variety of wonderful super hots I've seen around the forum and I figure i'd get a handle on growing before I look into sourcing seeds from around here!

My Starts, 6 each
  • Orange Habanero
  • Big Thai Hybrid
  • Bishops Crown
  • Spicy Thai Hybrid
  • Anaheim
  • Hungarian Yellow Wax
  • Jalapenos
  • Pepperchinis
  • Bells
SeedlingsFeb19_zps8f8e93c9.jpg

• Mat
  • Lights, Timer
  • Thermostat
  • Tiles
  • Seed starter soil
  • A shelf in my Closet
  • A little elbow grease
LightConstruction_zpsd9412713.jpeg

LightComplete_zps57a11d4d.jpeg

TilesandMat_zps8a0ffb60.jpg

And All together...

RoomComplete_zps02253438.jpg

This was completed on the 17th of February; Fast forward to February 25th, a week of sitting on the mat and poof

OneWeekFeb25_zpsf86fab78.jpg

After two weeks; March 1. The little guys were starting to lean with the wide set up so i tightened up the lights and they are growing straight now.
TwoWeeksMarch1_zps1de1b299.jpg

March 4:
Hab_zpsd0133f00.jpg

I'm really happy how things are starting. 5 of 6 Habs are growing strong and all 6 of the Bishops Crown are very strong and developing their first sets of true leaves less than three weeks after planting.

This stuff is addicting 

Andy

Back