• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

NorwegianChili - 2013

Hey guys. I bet 99.99% of you have better conditions than me, but I try and it
Results in some good plants. Any tip how to get the cats not to nibble on the indoor plants leaves?

This year I'm doing late, but ongoing, this list (Still more to be added) ;

"Naga Morich"
"Cayenne" 
"Thai"
"Giant African Naga"
"Trinidad Marouga Scorpion"
"7 pot"
"Trinidad Butch-T Scorpion"
"Trinidad Scorpion"
"Fatilii"
"Bhut Jolokia"
"African Naga red"
"Habanero condors Beak"
"Habanero Chocolate
"Satans kiss"
"Mem Jolokia"
"Bhut jolokia chocolate"
"Yolo Wonder"
"Currant Sweet Pea tomato"

Not so much exciting pictures yet.

8759726614_79c97bc8b3_z_d.jpg

Got your bump. Have your tried making a pepper spray on your plants to keep the cats from eating them? 

No, he did eat it a couple of times, ended at the vets and bad stomach issues so he learned. Anyhow they are outside now (the plants) ..Bump was for post #22 ;)

I think they will be fine. I had a bulgarian carrot sprout this year with cotyledons fused much worse than the ones you've showed. I took to calling it "the monocot." It started off a bit slower than the others, but it is now my largest plant, and loaded with flowers.

Don't worry about it, because there's really not much you can do about it anyways.

Since I had 20 ish ripe habs, I decided to make a batch of sauce that consists of; Papaya, honey, salt, vinegar, lime, sweet onions, , garlic, pineapple, turmeric, colemans dry mustard, water, 20 ish habs, 30 thai, 5 ghost and 5 morugas. Came out as a good as sauce with some punch. Made 10 5 oz bottles.

9255903498_cf482d89c4_o.jpg

9253140133_15c1cb17ff_o.jpg

My "cayenne" special plant is throwing off pods these days like crazy. They are filled with oil, running out of the pods when they are opened and the heat is just up by store bought habaneros. 

9345916730_32fbbaac2a_o.jpg

So, I had around 600grams of red habanero ready and decided it was time for some sauce again. Made a new recipe this time on the fly. 

Baked 2 large bell peppers, with 2 whole garlic and 1 large onion in the oven. While they where baking and the bottles sterilizing i threw the habs in the blender with one can of chopped cherry tomatoes. Along with that 1/2 papaya and 1 mango. 3 limes where squeezed in and the whole 600grams of red habs. Some black pepper, salt and apple vinegar and some tablespoons of real forrest honey. It turned out pretty good. Somewhat masked the hab flavor, but with the heat and a great taste! Made 11 bottles. 

9472908075_55caa74e6a_b.jpg

9472898153_b7a9445123_b.jpg

Back