• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Not Moruga

I purchased this as a moruga but it is turning out to be something different. I still like the vender i bought it from and know this kind of thing just happens from time to time. I am thankful that it is still something awesome! It looks a lot like my yellow 7 pots. I guess it is kinda early but i wanted to throw this up and i will post more as these peppers get bigger and change color.

For now i am calling it Not Moruga

7-16-12NotMoruga.jpg

I purchased this as a moruga but it is turning out to be something different. I still like the vender i bought it from and know this kind of thing just happens from time to time. I am thankful that it is still something awesome! It looks a lot like my yellow 7 pots. I guess it is kinda early but i wanted to throw this up and i will post more as these peppers get bigger and change color.

For now i am calling it Not Moruga

7-16-12NotMoruga.jpg

Top half looks kinda like a scotch bonnet, bottom half scorpion. Together they look kind of like a UFO in the second pic from the top. Would be kind of a cool cross.

You have any pods that you isolated on this plant?

nah im just a noob. I dont have any kind of isolation. This plant has been sitting around a 7 pot Jonah, yellow 7 pot, scotch bonnet, and yellow jamaican mushroom for its lifetime. I had someone ask about seeds and when i end up grabbing some from this plant they will be from one of the big space ship looking bastards!

nah im just a noob. I dont have any kind of isolation. This plant has been sitting around a 7 pot Jonah, yellow 7 pot, scotch bonnet, and yellow jamaican mushroom for its lifetime. I had someone ask about seeds and when i end up grabbing some from this plant they will be from one of the big space ship looking bastards!

Yea let me know. I'd love to trade you some seeds or pods or whatever. I'd love to get my hands on a couple of those. Things just look sooo f%&*(%g cool man!

Yea let me know. I'd love to trade you some seeds or pods or whatever. I'd love to get my hands on a couple of those. Things just look sooo f%&*(%g cool man!

I know! Yea hit me up in the middle of the season and i will trade for sure. And this goes for anyone that is looking for seeds as there are so many pods i will have seeds galore! The biggest baddest pepper will get a spotlight as i eat it on youtube haha

Great looking pods! You can isolate a branch by choosing one with NO open flowers on it and pulling some panty hose over it. Make sure you close the end and then wait until some pods form in there. Pull the hose and mark the pods that formed. Those seeds will not have been cross pollinated. Unfortunately the next generation may not have the same characteristics. There is a big process to stabilizing a cross that involves growing out tons of seeds and choosing/isolating follow on generations based on their characteristics. Hopefully they grow true for you next gen its a really cool looking plant/pods.

I will definitely be down for that! Already got a few others interested in the same thing. Someone on a different website thinks this is a regular red trinidad scorpion. I think this has a wonderfully consistent shape!

Back