• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Not sure if I have a bug problem or a disease.

My reaper plant is growing fine, and peppers are looking super good. But the leaves are looking funky. I have been pulling off the bad leaves but more and more are getting this way..   Here are some pics.  btw, I have stoped fertilizing for awhile now thinking i was doing to much but it still seems like they are turning this way with just water.

0719141441a_zpsln1utyet.jpg

0719141442a_zpsdpo2cez2.jpg

I also have 2 ghost pepper plants that look ok but show some damage to the leaves just not like the reaper.

0719141441_zpsimqf21x4.jpg

0719141442_zps4vox3owe.jpg

Look at them peppers......

0719141442b_zpsh9vgw3i5.jpg

What can I do to help get it healthy again..   I just moved the plant from a 1.5 gallon pot to a 5 gallon fabric pot about a month or so ago. Used bone meal, peatmoss, perlite, vermiculite and some miracle grow flower and vegy dirt that was super black and wet and thick, not like the normal pot dirt that is "mulchy" feeling. I also use jobe spikes to help fertilize too.

Check out my current status...

If its BLS its a bacteria on the leaves. None of the stuff you did will get it under control. The stuff you did is fine but it needs to be removed and treated. You spread it by touching.

I had BLS late last season. Looked very close to that. I spread it from one plant to all before I knew any better. Removing affected leaves and leaves touching affected leaves and spraying with a commercial anti-fungal/bacterial got me through the season with only moderate loss. End of season I removed all foliage, sprayed heavily several times and wet roots with diluted peroxide several times. Overwinters showed no signs of infection. Had I stripped the plants right away it would have killed my harvest so I battled. I think segregation is key if you only have a couple plants infected.

Back