• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Not sure what this is, but it’s killing my crop

Can anyone help me out with this?
Two things: how do I post pictures? Using my iPhone. And the main thing:
I am growing Carolinas, Peach ghosts, Scorpions, Hinkelhatz and a couple of others. Working on a. Cross breed strain that will work here in Hawaii, Big Island. That being said, my first generation Ghost, Scorpion and now looking like a Carolina is dying after being insanely healthy, huge broad leaf and each plant, at about 2ft tall/3ft wide have at least 100 new bud peppers. Until 5 days ago.
As of today, almost all the leaves have shriveled to almost nothing. Like you would wilt a pice of lettuce, but heres the kicker, the leaves are beautiful green and crunchy. Like dried kind of crunchy. I can crumble the leaves in my hand and they just break apart. All the buds are brown and look unviable.
These are plants that have shown extreme strength against root rot, slugs, aphids, even out insane downpours. No idea whats going on and Ive never seen anything like this. Ill post pics once I can figure out how.

What did you feed them last? I suspect you overfed them on a particular nutrient. I just had the same thing happen 6 weeks ago with Alaskan fish fertilizer.
Are your plants in pots or in ground?

In any event you are going to need to flush the crap out of them. Water is good if you have nothing else but I recommend Herculean Harvest if available to you. if ground or media becomes too saturated with water you may need to flush additionally with a diluted H2O2 solution so your plants don't drown.

Back