event Now Casting!! Calling all Carnivores!!!

Hello everyone,

My name is Shannon and I am a casting associate for a television production company in Los Angeles. We are about to start a new show to find the best BBQ and meat cooks in the country, and I bet we can find someone on this forum who's got what it takes! Below is a copy of our casting notice. If you think that this sounds like you, send us an email at supercooks@grbtv.com Thanks!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CALLING ALL CARNIVORES

Are you a world class cook for meat-eaters? Can you cook meat- every kind, every way- and bring out the best every time? Can you face off against the best chefs on the planet? And tell them where to shove their soufflé? A new TV show is looking for one man who can cook for the carnivore in all of us.

Must be outgoing and energetic. Fun and plainspoken. No airs. No nonsense. NO ACTORS. Be yourself- and come ready to work. Cooking credentials a plus. Must be between 28-45 years old, and willing to travel. Email us at supercooks@grbtv.com and include a headshot, cooking credentials, and a tape if available.

the part about "include a headshot" kinda puts me out of the running - not saying I am ugly or anything, but I posted my real pic on facebook and shut down the entire internet for a couple hours - I got an email telling to never do that again

Why does it have to be a man? Does having boobs get in the way of smoking and grilling meat? I couldn't do it anyway. I sit pretty low in my wheelchair, you wouldn't see me!

There are a few people on this site that I would love to see on tv cooking, both male and female. This site does not lack for great cooks.

I noticed someone commented on the lower end of the age requirement 28...hell, the upper end is 45 and IMO most people are just hitting their stride at 45....would I do it even if there were no upper limit...probably not...I don't share my cooking with just anyone....

and I cringed when I first saw the ad...an ad for a man...thats gotta bring some heat on them for excluding females...

I bet they've never seen a flower pot smoker or and UDS before!

Maybe TB will go for it~

And the age limit is kinds strange. Do they not know there are some good-looking people over 50 years old? If the person is decent looking and has personality and can cook, age shouldn't matter.

I don't even care if they are good looking, I just want someone who can cook and has the personality.

I'd like more details. Are they travelling to restaurants or teaching others across the country to cook? Will there be an in studio or on site audience? Will the cook be free to present their own dishes or expected to use certain brands by the shows sponsors?

Hey everyone. About the age range, what is posted is the target range we are looking for. HOWEVER, if you have the skills and are really interested in being on the show, we are more than willing to be flexible with the age. As for the women aspect, we are trying to do a show more geered towards the male audience as there are a lot of women cooking shows out there. But dont worry, I am very sure you are more than qualified. ;)

Where will this show be aired? Is it a one-time shoot or a series? Lots of vague info given so far.

As for the women aspect, we are trying to do a show more geered towards the male audience as there are a lot of women cooking shows out there. But dont worry, I am very sure you are more than qualified. ;)

INTERESTING! I'd think that if the show was trying to get a male audience, then a good-looking woman, in a tight Budweiser tank top, "Kiss the Cook" apron, bending over to put logs on the fire would be the ticket!

Or better yet, she could be in her leathers with a male assistant cook in a frilly apron..... Definitely be every male's fantasy BBQ-

:rofl:

OK, Supercook.....sorry....I'm just kidding about that second idea, but the first one does have some merit.

Good Luck on your talent search. There were a couple other questions asked about travel, studio, etc. Perhaps you could address them also.
SL

INTERESTING! I'd think that if the show was trying to get a male audience, then a good-looking woman, in a tight Budweiser tank top, "Kiss the Cook" apron, bending over to put logs on the fire would be the ticket!

LOL salsalady, you would get our attention, but we probably couldn't tell you what you were cooking!

Back