• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Now I'm worried...

I've been lurking all summer, learning much and saying nothing. This place is awesome from a learning standpoint, thanks a ton everybody!

Now I'm afraid. My one productive plant, A Tabasco, has about 80 pods on the go, and I'm probably only a couple of weeks away from dangerously low temps at night.

The pods are all looking close to ripe, but none are red yet. What should I do? I've got a room inside that gets a decent mount of sun, but I want to maximise what I've got before early October.

As long as there's no frost they will be ok. My tabascos took a while to ripen to up in our northern climate. If you would like to grow them again next year star a month earlier.

+1 All of my tabascos each year seem to be the lst to be harvested. If there is no frost yet there is still hope. Also remeber, with light frosts you can always place a sheet over the plants to protect them, which may give you a couple of exta weeks be fore the big one hits.

Frost seems to be on the way here too. I have also been lurking most of the summer, stealing a wealth of knowledge from the pros on here. Thanks everyone.
Anyway, I didnt grow much this season, just cayennes and jalapenos, but they did very well! I am actually thinking of trying to overwinter a cayennne just as an experiment. I will probably put it in a pot this weekend. Good luck with your tobasco.

Thanks!

Got started way late in the season this year, so I'm hoping things turn out okay.

No problems with bugs this far north though, so there's that, which is nice...

Back