• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Nutes? Bugs? virus?

So, I've been growing my habs indoors since last year... and they are producing well enough... but in the last month or so some of the plants started yellowing on the branches and leaves... I guess relatively normal since the peppers are still coming ok... but they don't seem as healthy... then one of the 5 I have going which are all still producing peppers ok... started to get some blotching on the leaves and little bumps on the stems... almost like some bug was on them... I've out some dolomitic lime in the soil and add 1/2 a teaspoon of epsolm salts per 4 liters of water and only twice added any liquid fertilizer at 1/4 strength.. if that.

They are indoors and while a couple of the plants get an occasional thrip.. the worst one has never had any bugs on it

So, does this look like a nutrient issue, virus, or some microscopic bug?

They've been going strong since last August and producing since Sept/Oct so maybe they are burned out... but here are some pics of the worst one...

New leaves look ok.. but gradually develop light spots which turn brown and the leaves seem more brittle than the other plants... for instance folding them spits these ones where the others bend....

any ideas?

HPIM1577.jpg

HPIM1576.jpg

HPIM1575.jpg

HPIM1574.jpg

HPIM1573.jpg

HPIM1572.jpg

HPIM1571.jpg

HPIM1568.jpg

The only problem is there should be next to no nutrients added... 2 times I added 5 drops of liquid fertilizer in 4 liters of water (should be 7 per liter) and noticed no change... and that was a month apart...

Maybe not enough Calcium and Epsolm? I've heard people putting up to 2 tbsp per gal... I just use 1/2 a teaspoon, dolomitic lime is sprinkled throughout the soil mix and a little on top... soil mix is 1/4 perlite, 1/4 vermiculite and 1/2 soil mix... next to no fertilizer in this one as I had none of that regular potting soil so this is sterilized soil/peat mix... I thought it might be not enough nutes so that is why I added some a few weeks ago but no change but it looks a bit more like burn to me even though there is next to nothing added to it...

The one thing I didn't test is PH....don't have a meter) could a weird PH cause this kind of thing?

The spotts on the stem though make me think it is some kind of bug....even though I can't see anything
seems similar to mine, just posted pic, should be 1st topic, could be nute burn?

Look like mine after a year. Its just now May, THP folks are some of the few overwintering from what I can tell. I think its normal this early for the leaves. The stems may just be fine. I will follow this post. I am here to learn too ! Spring time is when we all add our favorite soil amendments.

The peppers and leaves aren't quite as big... although some branches on one of my other plants grows some good golf ball size ones... a lot are a bit smaller and the taste is a bit more floral now than before and there are less seeds... but they have no problem fruiting and the pods are still bloody hot .... but I have noticed the flowers are a bit more sparse in the middle now... producing less pollen... so maybe they need a rest.... but... this is only my first year growing them soo perhaps some others who tried them year round indoors and out may know..

I've been tempted to cut them back... but every time the pods are done and I am ready to cut them back, the damn things are flowering again....

Back