• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

nutrients Nutrients

Hey, about to start chillies in hydro flood and drain system, useing 'rockwool' slabs with 1000watt HID's, never grown chillies before, but have previous hydro experience.

I normaly use 2 part bought nutrient mixs (not with chilli), in seperate grow and flower types.

grow npk - 3.5-0-1.5 and 0.5-0.5-2.5

flower npk - 0-3-5 and 4-0-4

With chillies i know that i dont need to drop the light cycle to 12/12 to get them to flower, I will start them off with the grow and increase stregth as needed, But what nutrients do i use when the plant starts to flower?

Does the chilli plant still veg grow when it flowers? and will i stunt the plant going 100% to flower nutrient when it starts to flower.

Any advice would be good, including nutrient solutions to buy that are best for chillies.

Peppers continue to grow and flower at the same time so I suggest you mix your grow and bloom nutrients fairly evenly unless you really want lots of initial growth(Grow) or just one big flush of peppers(bloom)

yep chillis will grow in most any situation as long as they have humidity and some nutrient. but I gotta say canna terra makes it easy. at least it works in my climate an d with the varieties I grow.

POTAWIE said:
Peppers continue to grow and flower at the same time so I suggest you mix your grow and bloom nutrients fairly evenly unless you really want lots of initial growth(Grow) or just one big flush of peppers(bloom)

So, if using different nutrients for grow and bloom, you would cut the grow in half and add half the bloom nutrients in order to mix it up during bloom phase?

I think he has 'grow' A + B & 'bloom' A + B. Im sure you change the ratio's of A+B to get the different effects.

Over complicates things in my opinion having A + B or both grow and bloom. I use GHE flora 3 part and you change the ratio's depending on growth stage but its simple. With chilli's you can just use equal parts of each nutrient and I had good success. Im going to try lowering the micro when fruiting begins next year as its very hight in N and hopefully I will end up with less plant and more pods.

Hi, I grew up in Mount Colah and went to asquith boys. I am now soon to be 24. Bought a house in the old side of hornsby a year ago. Always lived in the area. I also start work at hornsby station on the trains each day.

I use grow in two parts and flower in 2 parts. I will start off with grow and once the chillies grow up a bit i will go half and half with Grow and Flower nutes. All i need is the seeds and i can start up.

Am i to late to get a batch started outside?

I grow in hydro and I always use equal parts of a + b + c with three part general hydro nutrients.

Chiles are not very engineered and don't respond to nutrient changes like more engineered plants, ie, tomatos.

Back