event NW Chilefest 2013 Discussion

not that anyone's COUNTING..... :lol:

But since you brought it up, the holidays are over, so it's time to figure out what y'all are doing for camping or cabins. THe campground wants us to call in all the reservations at once, then each person has 2 weeks to call them and pay the deposit. If I get a nice sunny day, I might snag CJ and do a road trip to get some pics and decide the best area for a group camp. Hopefully at the far end away from the camp hosts..;) ...

We're going to be a little bit spread out anyway if folks get a cabin or mobile home. Those coming from out of town should look into sharing a mobile. Also, for those who don't have gear, several of us have extra tents and camping gear if needed.

OH! Reservations open Feb 1st, post here or PM me with your reservation request (tent campsite, trailer campsite, cabin, whatever) and the full name of the person who will be paying the reservation.

www.sunlakesparkresort.com

We will be getting a small cabin for Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights. (15/16/17).
PM sent.

I'm to tall for a tent, and maybe a little round too.

Does this tent make me look fat?

.......... Uummm.....

last I heard we'll be getting a cabin, i believe KD willing rooming with us! He's in for world of hurt hanging with us NW folk :)

HabbyHeat, do you want one of the cabins with a separate room? Lakeside with extra bedroom is only $6 more than regular lakeside. Who's KD??? Sorry, I can't keep up with everyone.~~~

Also, as we're cruising around here on THP, if you see other NW-ers, mention them to get in here and let me know.

I think it's a good idea if travelers can bunk with locals, saves $$$, saves gear. Whatevz....Y'all figure it out.

Is Dawgbyte still in? Any SoFlo? LuckyDawg? Y'all get to chatting and I can't keep up with it all. :lol:

I asked LDHS it seems as though he is in. I think he just has to check his calender once more. KD you visit this thread at all? You coming? Aaron text KD find out his dets. LDHS and KD are welcome to stay with us 5 if they can brave it :) anyone else too. Habbyheat Fam is open to anyone :dance: This is brand new year for us and we are wonderful!!!!!!!

So this is a summer thing right? Nice weather? All that?

I really love sleeping outside and I have a great little tent & bag. I think my duffel will hold all my gear.

So is this the kinda place I need to rent a car to get to? Also if I'm tenting (hehehe hehe hehehe) is there a charge for a spot or can I pitch a tent hehe) on one of y'all's campgrounds?

Also, what airport am I flying into?

Let me know what to do to confirm with who and ill do it & then book a flight.

Scovie was taking about me maybe coming to his place a day or two early which is certainly something I might do. May also ship up a package of goodies ahead of time.

This is gonna be a blast!
:D

I will begin praying that Scovie keeps his shirt on for at least 63% of the time, but I fear that's a long odds wager.

August 16-18 but I think most are planning like the 15-18. It's in Eastern Washington so it'll be warm. Not sure if you could bring a tent on an airplane but I
know Salsalady has a spare. The campground has tent sites I think you may be able to set one up in someone elses spot too. The closest airport to the site is Spokane(GEG) and if you were thinking of bunking with SD&CJ I think they may pick you up so you don't have to rent a car. :) They are nice people like that.

Just for everyone elses information. The airport closest to HH81 house is Sea-Tac(SEA) we are more then happy to help with travel.

SL already threw this on here but I will again.
For more info on Sun Lakes Resort go to: www.sunlakesparkresort.com

BTW..... SO EFFEN AWESOME YOU ARE COMING UP!!!!!!!! NWP IS CIPE!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

The only rough thing about that date is that fantasy football is drafting around there. Might not seem like a big deal but I have 22 people counting on me for "a weekend" in there - ill make it work though.

I can put my tent into a duffel bag with my other gear (pillow, bag, pad, clothes, sauce, etc) and check the bag. Not a big deal at all. :cheers:

yea long odds on Scovie's shirt wager! :lol:

The campground is in north central eastern Washington, in the middle of August. Pretty much guaranteed hot sunny weather. I'm sure there's places to throw the pup-tent or cozy in on a camp site. We had a few of those this last year and it worked out great.

Those looking to fly in, we can pick you up on Friday from Spokane (GEG), but please make your flights early in the day. We're happy to make a trip to GEG Friday morning or early afternoon. Past that...it's cutting into party time....if you know what I mean...;)

Right now, Scovie/CJ, Myself/Fam, HabbyFam will be at the campground on Thursday. Obviously everyone else who wants to can come in on Thursday.

Travelers, if you want to come in to Spokane on Thursday, we can work with that. But please contact us directly so we can get it coordinated for pick-ups. For other travel plans, send PMs and coordinate with your people directly. There are people in the Seattle area who can pick up/host whatever. I'm not speaking for anyone. Please work with people directly to coordinate travel pick ups etc.

LDHS, i just check their website and didn't see "free wi-fi" listed in the amenities. I can't imagine that they woudn't have wi-fi, but it would probably be good for you to check before risking a Fantasy Season on recruiting weekend!

One of our employees made it to FF Supebowl this year......

Nah - if never camp & draft.

I'm commish of the one league (and guest commish of the 2nd) so I get to schedule the dates. Ill work to schedule them for weekends not this one. :cheers:

I guess since we're not "in the League" we don't understand the slang....

WHATEVER! I'll Wago their Wall-Nuts if they don't get their arses up to the NW!

:cool:

:lol: and everyone else is going .... "huh" :scratchhead: 'what's a Wall-Nut?'

never mind... just wago it....

Back