event NW Chilefest- Food Teaser Pics posted!

Some day, amigos....some day.....  and we'll get that SloFlo Posse up here too!

Hello all, I am starting to pack a few things for the party just to make sure I bring them. The plants are setting pods at a good rate.

Of the purposed prize offered plants the reaper and jigsaw are taking the lead. I will get pics of them currently tomorrow morning. The bb7pot and primo are rebounding from a fight with spider mites with both re-leaved out with blooms on them this last week.

PaulG, let's keep your offer in mind and finalize what others can bring in a couple weeks. 

Sounds good, Ann.  You just let me know what I need to bring.  

It would be so cool to have the SoFlo and SoCal folks up for the NWCF!
And the Southern folk, and those from Indiana, along with the Eastern crew
and the growers from the Midwest.  Wait, this sounds like a convention!

Ok here are pics of the possible prize pepper plant for the contest.
IMAG2423.jpg

IMAG2425.jpg

IMAG2421.jpg

IMAG2420.jpg

All four plants are blooming and some of them have first pods setting on them right now. This means that most likely they wont be ripe pods on them but there should be pods. Again there is one of each growing of BB7pot, primo, reaper, and a jigsaw fatalii.

All right OF1.  Nice plant varieties.
The winner's pain will be worth it!

Well PaulG I hope one of them will be worth it, they are all nice plants for sure but it is still out what they will produce. As we get closer to the event I hope we will have a better idea of what the pods will look like. Both the reaper and jigsaw fatalii have pods on them for the last few days but they came from Bakers Peppers so who knows if they will be true to what they were sent as. The bb7pot and primo came from a member on here but so far no pods set and on the bb7pot the blooms do not look like what is posted or like my other two plants. Still even if it did not keep the bbgum traight it should be a great tasting pepper and a 7pot.

PaulG said:

PaulG, let's keep your offer in mind and finalize what others can bring in a couple weeks. 

Sounds good, Ann.  You just let me know what I need to bring.  

It would be so cool to have the SoFlo and SoCal folks up for the NWCF!
And the Southern folk, and those from Indiana, along with the Eastern crew
and the growers from the Midwest.  Wait, this sounds like a convention!

That word has been mentioned in the same sentence as "Las Vegas"....... ;)   .......

Plants are looking good OF1.  I think the 10 Drop Pure Evil ramen challenge is in order.  :evil:

Anyone have fresh pods?  Thinking maybe to get some from down south unless someone already has a plan to get some in place.

What happens in Kanasket stays in Kanasket!

I hope I'll have some pods by then.

Update-
PaulG, I'll take you up on that offer for shells/torts. Thank you so very much!  PM on the way. 

Anyone want to bring any of the following-
4-5 pounds shredded cheese (pre-shredded/Costco!!!! ;) )
2 pounds sour cream
Beans
Misc bits- 1 bunch cilantro (washed, chopped), 3 1/8th-cut limes
1 large bag shredded lettuce (or about a gallon's-worth)
1 large bag plain tortilla strips or chips for the sample table
Plates, cutlery and napkins for 60-ish people 

Please let me know if you plan to bring one of the above Taco-related ingredients.  I'll cover anything that hasn't been claimed.  Otherwise, bring your favorite PotLuck dish!  there is power in the picnic shelter for crock pots and such.

I've heard from a lot of folks planning to attend but chatter is a bit quiet.  Not to worry...I know we're going to have a great time!   As everyone is cruising around the different forums and you see new folks,  send them a link or shoutout about the PotLuck.  onefowl1 was a THP member for 1 WEEK and he came to the 2nd NWCF at Lake Sammamish!

Hawkeye- could your Pecan Waffle recipe work cooked as flapjacks?  I have a reasonable size electric griddle....can do eggs to order and snausages with pecan cakes for sunday breakfast??? PM to me if something like that can work.

onefowl1-, can you make that peach/manzano salsa again that you brought to Vasa Park?  I wanted to snag that to take home but it got away from me!  :lol:  Love to have some of that if you can make it but don't stress over it. 

RS67man- the boys are hoping KittyinPJs can do the pretzel thing again.  ;)  

PS- I really hope someone is bringing the fixings and recipe for the ultimate bloody mary that I can snag one from in the mornings!  I like 'em but can't make a decent one.  I'll contribute to the cause....nudgenudgewinkwink... :pray:

For all the Day-Trippers-
Come on out to the Picnic Shelter any time midday.  We'll be out there by 10:00 or so to get things set up.  Socialize and taste a bunch of peppers and sauces and stuff all out on the samples table.  Tacos PotLuck around 2:00, and we'll determine onsite when to have the Pure Evil Challenge.  We still need a couple items to be committed to be supplied for the Tacos for PotLuck, feel free to offer what you can.  Thanks!!!

Lots of picnic tables at the picnic shelter, so you probably don't need chairs.  Just BYOB.  Water and Lavender Lemonade Provided.

Lawn Games are a good thing to bring also!  And the Green River is very close to the shelter for splashing about.  The river changes every year so I'm not sure if there's a good wading pool for the very little kiddies, but it's consistently good for older kids and adults of all ages. 

I think we will have some sauces to critique for THP members who are in the R&D phase, that will be fun!

NameTags will be there, please find the NameTag bin and get tagged with your THP name and real life first name.

I always feel like I never have enough time to visit with new friends and old friends and I think others feel the same way.  Come Early, Stay Late.....

CHILEHEADS RULE!!!!!

not sure WHAT they rule, but the do!~~~  :lol:

PEPPERPEOPLEROCK!

I will bring the shredded cheese Ann. 

I do not know about the mango salsa but I am working on bringing some fresh goodies to share since I am getting a good number of ripe pods to use right now.

I also have had a good germination on my C. romboideum and plan on bringing a few of these seedling plants to offer up as well. 

:dance:

SWEET!  Literally!!!!   :lol:   Thanks so much! 

Bring whatever else you want or see that is needed.  And everyone else, please give a holler if you plan on bringing something cuz If I don't hear a shoutout.....I'll prolly buy some....

We haven't had a lot of chatter regarding Friday and Sunday meals, so I think we should let everyone do their own thing.  Folks coming in at all times, getting up on their own schedules...without having commitments from people about specific things for the meals, I get too stressed out making sure everything is covered.  I'll have stuff out and available, (I can't help it....must have food available...and I'll have 3 teenage boys along for the ride....:lol:)

For Saturday....Tacos at the picnic... and I'll have a pot of chili for the evening that people can come and get whenever as we hang out at the campfire. 

Day-trippers are welcome to stay to the evening and hang out around the campfire.  Not sure how all that works with the state park parking, but that'll get sorted out. 

Well Ann I remember there was parking just outside the gate and I am sure if they do not want to walk one of us can play taxi to get them back to their cars.

On another note a good amount of pods ripening up to bring. On the idea of a prize plant I am bringing all have pods and am waiting if any are going to be ripening for it. If one does that will be the one I will bring or if I get a majority request for one kind then it will be brought. 

Less then two weeks all lets get ready to party.

Anne - I can bring a large bag of tortilla strips as long as I'm bringing shells and tortillas.

edit:  +1 Jacen; lots of pod coloring afoot in the PNW!  It's been an uncommonly good
season so far; here's to a great Fall season to go with it!

Barring a disaster there should be lots of heat to bring along!

I'm trading up for a box also.  Great to hear local pods will represent!

My neighbor and I are bringing up a basic Bloody Mary kit - nothing fancy.
   vodka
   tomato juice
   limes
   worcestershire sauce
   some of Greg's (Pic1) pizza spike
   salt and pepper

If anyone else wants to bring something to make them super special, feel free.
I should be able to bring a box of pods no problem.  You can use 'em for prizes
or whatever, or people can take them home.

Ann, I can bring the shredded lettuce. I am also going to bring a couple large bags of corn chips. I will also have my Raspberry Brain Strain Jam. I have a Spanish Rice Casserole dish that I will bring to the potluck.
Is there anything else that is needed?

Hey Smokin' James! 

Spanish rice casserole will be great and thanks for the lettuce shreds.  I was delinquent in keeping the list updated.  I have 10 pounds of ground beef from our local meat shop to cook up, and all the fixin's for the late-night chili.  
cheese, shells/torts, chips, meat, sour cream ( I think), lettuce, salsa, (lots of hot sauces!!!!) 

I think all the essentials are covered except beans.  If anyone is looking for a last minute contribution, that would be great.  If not....URM to the rescue!  :)

If anyone needs a spot to pitch a tent, I have room in the camp site... 

salsalady said:
Hey Smokin' James! 

Spanish rice casserole will be great and thanks for the lettuce shreds.  I was delinquent in keeping the list updated.  I have 10 pounds of ground beef from our local meat shop to cook up, and all the fixin's for the late-night chili.  
cheese, shells/torts, chips, meat, sour cream ( I think), lettuce, salsa, (lots of hot sauces!!!!) 

I think all the essentials are covered except beans.  If anyone is looking for a last minute contribution, that would be great.  If not....URM to the rescue!  :)

If anyone needs a spot to pitch a tent, I have room in the camp site... 
Thanks Ann! So do you need the lettuce? I can bring a few cans of re-fried beans if needed.

Yes Please on the lettuce!

Back