• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

:O been a while, tepins? pequins?

hey yall. i just set up a nice little grow area to start having some fun/year round chiles. it's been a WHILE since i really was here posting and what not and i feel like although i have the passion still i don't know where to order seeds from! looks like beth had some problems a while ago, no too many seeds over there D: and i sure will hopefully be mooching off some of yall come fall, but till then, i put together an idea i know what i need. regular orange habs, jalapenos, and Pablanos. i figured i really liked chile de arbol so added that too and was looking for either a pequin or tepin to add as well to get started again ( indoors that is, aleady put a order in and got some outdoor plants ) and all i see are numex and never tried a numex seed.

any help will be greatly apriciated ( even specifics like what pablano seeds you like the best :O read potawie lol )

anyway i'll be on here more now to sap your brains!

pretty sure this is chile talk and now growing ya? : )

edit: I don't know if you are still looking for seeds but I can send you the ones listed in your post if you PM me your address.

I'm still looking for the ideal Poblano. I was working on improving a variety for many years but I gave up on that project and am trying a new variety this season, I think its the ancho San Luis. As for tepins and pequins, I generally prefer pequins for some reason but either type seems to grow quite well for me, they just need an early start and you need lots of patience to harvest the little buggers. I'm not sure what type/source to recommend. Maybe cmpman can help you decide on variety, he's grown lots of the bird types.

awesome, that was the response on anchos i was looking for. sweet i'll look some more up, i got some anchos from chileplants, and i think i might grab some other seeds somewhere to try those.

I love poblanos, nice to see some other fans of this great mild pepper type.
Crimson hot is a sort of ancho type that consisteantly grows quite well for me. I also like the brown maturing poblanos which seem to have more of an earth flavor. Personally I'm not too fond of the green stage and always try to let my poblanos reach maturity

Grew one a couple of years ago called Firecracker Pequin.

ph10086.jpg

Nice taste, good heat and looks great too. And as you can see produces truckloads of Peppers.

Micca

i would prolly answer this in the square = rectangle but rectangle =! square

i personally think they are bird chiles but all bird chiles are not them. kind of thing.

mostly i would say tepin are bird chiles with a very small round chile ~1/4 - 1/2 inch

pequin are slightly pointier but about the same size. this reminds me i think i need to look for some Zimbabwe bird chile because i grew one last year and it was a very good taste / amount of tiny little mother ****ers

Thanks -

a lot clearer now, though I need to find the actual Bird's eye peppers, (whatever variety they are) as everyone in this country loves them, but no one seems to know where to get any! :-)

thanks willard, i know unfortunatly they do not have that seed in their catalog today i got a very automated message this morning, and no matter what links i click they are just going in circles to the Monticello website with old dead links etc.

If you need pequin seeds for next season TPP let me know in the fall. I have what I consider to be a fairly productive variety. We'll see how they do this year

Back