• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OCD 2017!!!

Well it's 2017. Finally! Last year was a success, as far as the ground plants were concerned. Virgin, clay ground. My Chinese got smacked by hail twice! No room for error with those. Out of 12 plants I got ONE BBG. First and only. That variety is cursed. Tried for the past 3 years and some sort of calimity happens.

This year I decided to try 21+ different varieties of the BBG. I have 9 Reaper crosses. 21 and counting other varieties. I built a hoophouse and some COB led's. Planning on getting them outside in March sometime. That might be a delusion, beings I'm in Colorado. We shall see. There is only a few varieties that I've grown before. The rest are all new. I'm planning on isolating most of them.

Just started some Lemon Drops for Throwdown Growdown. I will wait a couple weeks before I start the others. Everything needs to be in order before I germinate. No turning back at that point. I want two plants from most varieties. Plants need to be woody by ground day. That's the only way I have a chance at success with late maturity varieties. If I have extras, I'll give away to my friends of THP.

My list is growing, but not much. Here is some of the varieties that made the cut.

Naga BBG (Red)
Chocolate BBG
Orange BBG (ISO)
BBG x PDN
Tobago Treasure x BBG
Red Gum Tiger Mamp
BBG Peach Ghost Jami
BBG Cluster
BBG Yellow (large)
BBG Scorpion
Aji Jobito x BBG
Red Gum Nagabrain Tiger Mamp
Peach Bhut BBG
BBG Apocalypse
Bhutla x BBG
Srtsl x BBG
7pot Lava Chocolate x BBG
Bleeding Borg9
Tommy Gum
Orange Naga BBG
Peach Naga BBG

Reaper x Red Mayan Habanero
Reaper x Yellow Scorpion
Reaper x Purple Bhut
Reaper x Pimenta
Reaper x Peach Bhut
Naga Reaper
Brainstrain x Reaper
Sepia Reaper x Neyde
ButchT x Reaper

Congo x ButchT
Peach Ghost Scorpion x Primo
Apocalypse Scorpion
Black Bhutlah Scorpion
Primo
Chocolate Primo
Baby Morich
Scorpion XXX (Holiday)
Fidalgo Roxa x Grao De Bode
Nagabon
BOC (Gary)
Andy's King BOC
Bhut Peach
Jigsaw x Habanero
Giant Trinidad Scorpion (Randy)
Taba Naga
Perfect red Bhut (Rick)
Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw (Jukka)
Scotch Brain (ISO)
Naga Brain Yellow
Rocato (Chinese) (Jukka)

3Way Caribbean Red
4Way Caribbean Red
Foodarama
Sicman's Mystery (Red, Purple Spots) (Jason)
SB7J (UFO) (Justin)
Venezuela Tiger x SRTSL
Mustard Moruga Brain
Black Panther
Aji Lemondrop
Aji Pineapple
Aji Amarillo
Sadabahar
Chi-Chien
Goats Weed

Thanks for stopping by. Wish you all the best of luck in 2017.

MikeUSMC said:
Great video, Chuck! Your plants look great. Hopefully the heat will calm down a little for you! 120* in there?!

Best of luck :cheers:
Thanks Mike!
Yes it is quite hot. That was only because the fans shut down. It is around 105 in there for about 4hrs a day. As long as I have circulation, it isn't a problem. If I didn't have shade clothe, things would be different. Can't grow in full sun where I'm at. They get sum scorched. Improving on system. Things will be a lot different next year. Just takes time and money. Something I have neither of these days. LOL!

Beautiful plants, Chuck! You've done such a great job protecting and nurturing them and I know they appreciate every ache you have. Shade cloth is almost a necessity here in CO, especially with your high temps lately. I wish I had room for a green house for growing peppers, but they'll have to be content n pots on the patio.

Best of harvests for your gorgeous plants. Enjoy the summer with your son, and keep safe.

Superhot Sim said:
Epic video Chuck and cracking update.
Your plants all look super healthy, great gardening all round as I know you really do have a surplus of plants. Lol. :lol:

Your going to be picking like a boss. :crazy: :lol:

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk
Thanks Simmy!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Usually by now, catastrophic failure. I'm just trying to manage everything. Need some time to do some maintenance to the rest of the yard. Its hideous.

I haven't had time to look through glogs yet. Hope your plants are doing well. Enjoy your weekend.

wiriwiri said:
Thanks for taking the time to show us your video & growth  progress Charles! :P 

It's really nice to see the how everything has fallen into place,your plants have really taken off..I hope you have some time off soon
to just relax & enjoy the beauties you are cultivating....love looking at your blog when you have updates. ;)
 Thank you Sandy. I can finally see a difference. Time to start doing some organizing of the pots.

Thanks for the kind words. Have a wonderful weekend my friend. Have to work today and maybe tomorrow, but I'll have some relaxing time soon enough. Its called Winter. LOL!

Chuck

catherinew said:
Beautiful plants, Chuck! You've done such a great job protecting and nurturing them and I know they appreciate every ache you have. Shade cloth is almost a necessity here in CO, especially with your high temps lately. I wish I had room for a green house for growing peppers, but they'll have to be content n pots on the patio.

Best of harvests for your gorgeous plants. Enjoy the summer with your son, and keep safe.
Thanks Jane!
I'm surprised I've done this well, with the lack of time. Next year I'll suspend the shade cloth above the house and the rest of the garden. That should drop the temps in the house. Sometimes I wish I was doing a patio garden only. I can care for them better. The greenhouse is nice, but could turn disaster if not monitored. I will be if it from it more this Fall.

Thanks. Me and the boy will be having some fun this next week. Its the 4th and his birthday is two day after. Not going to work next weekend. Its all his weekend. So whatever he wants to do.

Chuck

Thank you Sir. Wow, on the 50". I'll have to take that into consideration the next time I make videos. I see it from my phone. I'm going to keep making videos, I also am going to find the time and get some pics from the camera and start identifying them. I found two pods the other day. From one of the plants in the 4in containers though. LOL! Caribbean Red 4way. The stakes are cheap. $2.50 for 25.

Happy fourth to you too!

Chuck  I hope you have a relaxing & enjoyable day off with your son & the family!

311473-Happy-4th-Of-July.jpg

Everything's looking great in your last video Chuck! You can really see the difference pH makes by comparing your in-ground plants to the ones in pots. Don't feel bad that you haven't set pods yet... I hadn't either when I left for Canada, but hopefully soon for both of us. Happy 4th!

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

wiriwiri said:
                                   Chuck  I hope you have a relaxing & enjoyable day off with your son & the family!

311473-Happy-4th-Of-July.jpg

Thank You, Sandy!

I hope you have a safe and wonderful day. We went to the city park and watched fireworks last night. Our town celebrates on the the 3rd. They never had good turnouts because of the neighboring competition of the wealthier towns as you head toward Aspen. It was very cool. They had a live symphony playing to the fireworks. Must of been 3-4K people. Me and my son really enjoyed it. That's what matters to me, is good memories.

stickman said:
Everything's looking great in your last video Chuck! You can really see the difference pH makes by comparing your in-ground plants to the ones in pots. Don't feel bad that you haven't set pods yet... I hadn't either when I left for Canada, but hopefully soon for both of us. Happy 4th!

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk
Thanks Rick!
They do look different. I'm getting some crinkled leaves in a number of plants. It could be ph. They get cal/mag every few weeks or so. Maybe need more. I don't want to over do it with anything. Sometimes they just work them selves out.

I had this Tepin cross that was still growing in a plug. Fit perfect in a shot glass. Put it in a jug of water with nutes. Can't remember what they call that.

Happy Fourth of July!

Attachments

• IMG_0269.JPG
    IMG_0269.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 53
A little update from this morning. Thanks for watching. Any suggestions welcomed. Don't know what happened. But there is no sound. That sucks. Its only in this site it happens. Maybe to big of file.

I have some plants that are cupping bad. Don't know what's going on. Not to concerned. Its only a few out of the bunch.

https://youtu.be/Ew1ijX617m8

Back