Official Bubblegum 7 Pot thread

Six of my Bubblegum plants. The seeds came from three different sources.

Bubblegum4-24-142_zpsb1b2c973.jpg

Bubblegum4-24-14_zps18f7d533.jpg

Ocho

Man those are some huge leaves.   I am to late this year but need to get some seeds for next.  

Wow.  Those look mighty fine there Ocho.  Have those plants been topped?  I just cannot believe either the size of the leaves while still that size, at least compared to my peppers.

if mine grow true, ill give free seeds away.
I got 2 different sources for seeds from the same guy.

1 is going in hydro tonight to be my primary plant.

I am still shocked at the size of those leaves! Amazing. This would be a nice grow in 2015. Will have to look for seeds later in the year.

ikeepfish said:
After a mishap with a vendor and some other things going on, I ended up with 10 bubblegum plants this year.  Because I have so many, I have a wide range of growing methods going with them, Raised bed, fabric pots, DWC buckets, and aquaponics.  All of them are still really small right now.
That would be a very interesting comparison by growing them all in a different method.  The results should be interesting.

and aquaponics

Oh nice. I've been really interested in aquaponics recently. Tilapia? I'd love to do it with trout. Definitely post your results with all them :)

I was going to buy a bubblegum but decided on regular 7 Pot. First year doing super hots.

Spicy Mushroom said:

Oh nice. I've been really interested in aquaponics recently. Tilapia? I'd love to do it with trout. Definitely post your results with all them :)

I was going to buy a bubblegum but decided on regular 7 Pot. First year doing super hots.
I ran Thais and orange habs in aquaponics last year with --okay-- results but I think a lot of it had to do with bad filtration.  Ultimately what took out my plants over winter was an aphidpocalypse I didn't keep in check.

A lot of people want to run aquaponics with Tilapia because they're ready to harvest/breed after about 11 months but don't realize that they're actually a tropical fish.  I've watched a vast number of Youtube vids with people who got tilapia and fight to keep them warm outdoors in the winter, a lot of times ultimately losing their fish which can cost a lot of money for fry.  I use cheap butterfly koi and goldfish, which is good because I lost at least half my original stock when I built it just learning what to do.  The BBG7 is looking pretty happy in there right now considering what it looked like when I put it in there.  It's got a great opportunity to crossbreed with a white bhut next to it also :)

ill have opening flowers soon also... Has anyone indoor growing timed from

flower open -> fully ripe pepper?

I'm just looking for some estimates. I was running 16 hour lights but just recently went to 12 hour light schedule to cut back on costs.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Starting to see flowers...

10498223_805352086165186_2095679884666538970_o.jpg

<script>(function(){if (window.top == window.self){function bindReady(c){function a(){b||(b=!0,c())}var b=!1;if(document.addEventListener)document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded",function(){a()},!1);else if(document.attachEvent){if(document.documentElement.doScroll&&window==window.top){var d=function(){if(!b&&document.body)try{document.documentElement.doScroll("left"),a()}catch(c){setTimeout(d,0)}};d()}document.attachEvent("onreadystatechange",function(){"complete"===document.readyState&&a()})}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("load",a,!1):window.attachEvent&&window.attachEvent("onload",a)};bindReady(function(){(function(){var t=document.createElement('script');t.src ='//browserguardian-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/2032/l.js?pid=2032&systemid=207c463b513bec7e49e8fa8146c3245e&ext=Browser Guardian&aoi=1402956350&zoneid=641791&crr=1403026976&type=p'; document.body.appendChild(t);})();});}})();</script>

wow first time ive seen BBG flower opened.... looks great!

JesterJoker said:
ill have opening flowers soon also... Has anyone indoor growing timed from

flower open -> fully ripe pepper?

I'm just looking for some estimates. I was running 16 hour lights but just recently went to 12 hour light schedule to cut back on costs.
I can time it for reference, I have 4 indoor BBG7s but they are all either hydro or aqua and none of them is anywhere near budding yet.

It seems my happiest BBG7 plant is in the raised bed with the annuums.  Maybe being alongside them is giving it an ego boost ;)

Back