• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Official Review: AlabamaJacks Exotic Superhots Naga Morich Puree

Product Name: AlabamaJacks Exotic Superhots Naga Morich Puree

Style: Superhot puree

Manufacturer: AlabamaJacks Exotic Superhots

Country of Origin: USA

Ingredients: Fresh naga morich pods, white vinegar, sea salt, agave nectar.

Label/Packaging: I really can't speak much on the label as I have only seen it in picture form. This product is bottled in a half pint mason jar.

Appearance/Aroma: BOOM there it its... peppers! The aroma is stong, pronounced. As there is little more to this it is hard to even make out the vinegar. It's all about the peppers just the way it should be. You can smell the freshness and I just imagine little naga elves churning this up right before it goes into the pot and bottles.

Body of Review:
I have had a few of AJ's products in the past and have always known that what I was getting was pure quality just like the man that makes them. I popped this open and the smell is intense. I happen to love the smell of fresh pods. That is what a puree is all about. At first glance it looks like a pizza sauce. Don't let that fool you, there is pure unadulterated heat in there! The taste for anyone who has not yet eaten a naga morich pod is a bit fruity and sweet for about ten seconds, then a bit more pungent as the heat begins to build to a fiery crescendo. This puree is probably the best I have had as it is simply all pepper. There is just enough vinegar to get the pH stable, a little salt, and a little agave nectar to balance it out. If you didn't tell me though, I would swear it was just peppers. The heat really does get intense. I am sweating and burning as I write this. Of course, I made the mistake of treating this as a hot sauce when I poured it onto my food. I guess it goes without saying that you need to use with care.
Heat Level: 10+

Applications: The great thing about a puree is the variety of ways you can use it. You can add other ingredients and make a sauce out of it, you can mix it with BBQ sauce, pasta sauce (as I did), and add it to chili or soups, or if you dare just use it as a hot sauce. I have used it in two ways. As a condiment on a quesadilla, and mixed in a marinara sauce on a sausage sandwich.

Appearance Score: 5
Aroma Score: 5
Taste Score: 5
Mouthfeel Score: 5
Heat Accuracy Score: 5

Overall Score: 5

Notes: As I said this is simply the best puree I have ever had. I cannot find a single flaw so this has to be the first product that I have reviewed that gets a perfect score. It's even better that the first perfect score for me goes to my friend and yours, AlabamaJack.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    335.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 2.png
    2.png
    342.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 77
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 63
I've had the 7-Pot and it was amazing. Similar experience to JayT but I cannot comment because I have not cracked open my naga one yet!

OK you got me, now I want to buy a couple of jars.

BTW, I grew 10 Naga Morich plants last season so I know all about their heat. I used most of the pods up on pizza. Well I'm down to my Bhuts and Scorps for pods that have that knockout heat!! :hell:

It could be worse!

I'm a sucker for these reviews – they get me every time!

Thanks, Jack

Last year i got 2 bottles of Fatalii, 1 bottle of Trinidad Scorpion, and 1 bottle Naga Morich puree from AJ. All are so amazing. I love the heat and the taste, but the Fatalii puree flavor is just beyond proper description. I sure hope AJ makes/sells puree again this year. If not, I will learn how to make it. Wish I would have ordered 20 bottles. Thanks AJ...please make more
icon_lol.gif

Wow is all I can say...I am so humbled...perfect score?...haven't had one of those since 5th grade....

Thank you graciously for the outstanding review JayT...

Dan...don't remind me of the ziti please... roflmao....

for those that still have the 7 pot puree...please, if you have not tried it yet...you simply must try a 7 pot bloody mary...just add about 1/8 tsp to a 8 oz drink...7 pot and bloody marys were made for one another...

Im honestly not surprised at how good this stuff must be - all Aj's product must be A-one or he wouldnt do it, its the engineer in'im - Congrats AJ and great review again JayT

Great review, I have about 10 bottles of various puree's in the extra fridge and I've made several great sauces from these.

I got a few of these last year and they were great. Everybody loved them. I've enjoyed making my own now. Thanks AJ for sharing the recipe and thanks to JayT for the splendid review.

Mike

He still has no ratings from members. :(

Click the flames if you've tried it!

i burned through 10 jars. a+. i'm just waiting for the next sale. outstanding for taking to a tailgate party when serving bloody marys. i was going through about a jar per weekend last football season - people were coming from many spots away asking to try it. i invited aj up for an illini game (or 3) this year.

Back