• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Oh I'm definitely growing those next year!

Every year I have one of those pods/plants that are sure to be on the grow list the next year, and better yet overwintered.  What's your pick and why, where'd you get the seed/plant?

Mine this year is the CARDI, I got the seeds in a trade from windchicken, I hope he doesn't mind me name dropping.  They are an awesome yellow gold color when ripe, larger than Jamaican scotch bonnets which I love, and the heat is hot but not melt your teeth out of your head hot.  

20140813_150141_RichtoneHDR_zpsakk58daj.jpg

Next year it'll be the Pink Tiger, this year it was the Black Prince, I bought it from the chili man at my farmers market in a solo cup and at first it was an idle interest but as it bloomed in the spring and in the fall with those lovely dark leaves.. It's a real winner for me.

If you liked the yellow cardi scorpion you should try a yellow brain strain or a yellow moruga both have a nice flavor followed by pop your eyes out heat.

I liked my Primo and Yellow Brain Strain so much that I am overwintering them and will plant out more of them next season.

New for next year will be some kind of purple pod and Bahamian goat.

I want a tiger for science project. Have to settle with the purple jalapeno though.
MIne for next year is the sweet scorpion.

Great thread. I had two personal discoveries this year that really stood out. First the Aji Pineapple that I grew blew me away with its exotic tropical taste, they go great with seafood and pork. Aji pineapple ceviche? fergitaboutit.

Second the Bhut Orange Copenhagan that I received in a box from Seacowboy was the best tasting super all year. Sweet to the point of being sugary, bright citrusy flavors and not overly floral or bitterness. And nice round burn on the lower end of superhot.

I dunno, I think continuing my quest for more superhots is quite nice.
They're good for the pot of food.
Though the thai and the adjuma are also quite great peppers for in the pot of food.

hogleg said:
Great thread. I had two personal discoveries this year that really stood out. First the Aji Pineapple that I grew blew me away with its exotic tropical taste, they go great with seafood and pork. Aji pineapple ceviche? fergitaboutit.

Second the Bhut Orange Copenhagan that I received in a box from Seacowboy was the best tasting super all year. Sweet to the point of being sugary, bright citrusy flavors and not overly floral or bitterness. And nice round burn on the lower end of superhot.
Those both sound awesome, I love the citrus tasting pods.  Where did you get them?

Brazilian Starfish and Aji Omnicolor x unknown baccatum - I eat a handful of each every day.
Bolce de Dolce - I'd eat a handful every day if I had that many.  What a wonderfully delicious, mild heat pepper!

(... and then there's the Cream Fatalii... and the Rain Forest... and of course how could I forget the Tepin x Lemon Drop)

Gaawd this is my kinda pepper lore,to be blunt I want these seeds(any and all in this tread)
I have starfish out the yang ,but the rest are a must do for next season
I love extreme heat,but the lesser with good flavor takes front row

Bounty has been posted,those with seed PLMK,a PP gift awaits you

The Yellow Cardi will be on my list every year, but I am in love with Chocolate Nabaneros...they make the most amazing salsa I've ever tried.
Jerry

MoA Scotch bonnets are one that will be on my list every year. Absolutely love the flavour of those peppers. Received my seeds from jamison last year. Bishops crown, Brazilian starfish and aji pineapples will be an every year pepper as well, as they're my wife's faves. For supers, yellow 7 pots and some form of bhut/naga variety, which will be OW'd nagabrains courtesy of windchicken next year.

I'm gonna give these a shot next year, from the descriptions and what I can find online about them, they all are perfect choices for my pepper needs.

Aji Pineapple - I love the citrus pods
Bhut Orange Copenhagan - Cool looking, cool name and interesting taste description
Brazilian Starfish - Cool looking, can't wait to try
Black Prince - Love the dark theme
Bolce de Dolce - Can't lie, love the name and need to try
Aji Omnicolor - Cool looking, interesting looking pretty pods buy me space in the pots and garden, wife likes how they look, I get more space to grow.

For those of you that have dogs, I have two larger pups and they absolutely love the unripe bishops crowns from the garden, and also the unripe pepperoncinis.  The bishops crowns have a sweet taste, and were supposed to have medium heat, but the unripe ones had no heat at all.  They also loved the okra and the cucumbers.

I have too many varieties that I want to grow, but too little space, got room for like max 5-6 full size plants, and that is pushing it.

Next year is going to certainly be the following
Fatalii yellow
Goats weed

Then im arguing between the following:
Jalapeno cracked
Aji lemon drop (from a pod i recieved, Its yellow and she said it was a lemon something)
Aji amarillo (pepperlover.com)
Aji omnicolour
Tepin
Basket of fire
Brazilian starfish

And some I definate want to grow, but will not next year (dont have the seeds, space, temps e.g)
Bhut orange copenhagen (danish origin and cool pepper)
Rocoto/manzano variety
Fish
Cheyenne varieties
Jays peach ghost scorpion
And many more!

I value yield, early production and ease of growth high, as I'm limited to growing outdoors in scandinavian climate

Pimenta Lisa F3 - Seeds from meatfreak > Pretty pods..
Habanero Chocolate Hand Grenade F4 - Via meatfreak from ajijoe > Interested in chocolate pods now (I was positively suprised by choco haba varieties this year)
Cheiro Pfefferianus - My own hybrid > Because they taste so damn good.. (mild haba cross)
Carolina Reaper - Seeds not in possesion yet.. > Just because I can..
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion - Seeds from Fatalii I think > Because it's up for it's 3rd cycle (and I live in a cold, wet country.. so I'm keeping it alive)

Then a bunch of others, but these are my top5 on the wishlist. All except for the reapers have already been put inside for overwintering and/or are sown.

Back