OH SWEET JEEZUS... never knew this forum was here....let's talk REAL BEER

any real beer snobs in here?
Just got my hop fix today....

Bought Dogfish head 90 and hopslam today.

Having a sierra nevada bigfoot as we speak (3 years old from my cellar). :)

What do you all like?

Kim

Fire Angel said:
Just got my hop fix today....

Bought Dogfish head 90 and hopslam today.

Having a sierra nevada bigfoot as we speak (3 years old from my cellar). :)

What do you all like?

Kim

Picked up a mixed six pack today, half Great Divide Hercules Double IPA & half Great Divide Yeti Imperial stout.

Good call on the DFH 90min. Ever had the 120?

My current list of faves in no particular order...

Pinkus Alt
Alaskan Amber
Pilsner Urquel
Spaten Optimator
Anything Paulaner
Bitburger Pils
Ayinger Maibock

Yeah I know...heavy on the German brews but that's the style I dig most..

Prost! TB.

sweet mother, another beer snob.... :lol:

I'm a huge beer snoob, so much so that I actually brew my own beer (did one today too).

i like alot of styles, except Lambic (even true Lambics, which not many people know what a true lambic is even if it slapped them upside the tongue). A few of my favorite breweries are Stone, Dogfish Head, Bells, Founders, Fantome, etc etc.

I am a true beer geek though, proper glasswear and all.

I got all the glassware and I DO know a lambic, just not a fan.

TXclosetgrower I have 4 singles of the 120 in my cellar that are 2 years old. And I got 4 more today. The 2 yr old bigfoot I am having now is really good!

Fire Angel said:

No, we're faking it in all those threads when we jeer at the Coors Light team. In actuality, imnaguitargod and I like to share a nice cup of tea and talk about our knitting.

texas blues said:
Alaskan Amber

Oh,oh, oh... ever had the Alaskan Smoked Porter?

If you offered me hot monkey sex with a buff-brained, pepper raising, twenty-sided die rolling, punny computer geek or a bottle of Alaskan Smoked Porter, I'd have to think long and hard on which one I wanted most.

WOW....That was quite a statement!

I have actually had the Alaskan Smoked Porter. A friend of mine is a distributor and has lots of "samples" :)

Sweet brew!

GUITARDOOD... I have a really old snifter that I do my first time tastings from. Other than that it's Chimay chalices, tulips etc.

Fire Angel said:
WOW....That was quite a statement!

I have actually had the Alaskan Smoked Porter. A friend of mine is a distributor and has lots of "samples" :)

Sweet brew!

GUITARDOOD... I have a really old snifter that I do my first time tastings from. Other than that it's Chimay chalices, tulips etc.

Snifter? I never even saw her! The Alaskan Pale Ale is pretty dang good too!

Cheers, TB.

Fire Angel said:
I'm picking up my snifter in a week and I have a Chimay goblet that I need to pick up as well then I'm complete.

Card carrying snob and homebrewer here.

$ is causing me to get my hop fix on sale.

Goose Island IPA, longhammer IPA, and Schlaffley are all decent in the $6-8 sixer range.

Once a year I brew a hop bomb to out do all others, but hop prices have skyrocketed lately.

Just had a NICE bomber of Hercules double IPA while watching GSP smoke the prodigy!
VERY nice if you like hops... a lot.

I've got Bigfoots going back to '04, DFH 90s and 120s going back to '05. and North Coast's OLD STOCK going back to '02, among other things. :)

Yeah, beer snob here. :onfire:

Fire Angel, check the beer review thread and some of the older beer threads. Lot's of tasty beer talk up in here!

Back