• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Ok guys Im about to start some peppers from seeds and I need a little guidance.

NatGreenMeds said:
Willard, it looks like in the link you gave, that the seeds are just dropped in the rockwool cube hole. Are they left open like that for germination? Nothing over them? Should they be in the dark or with a light on them?

Sometimes the rockwool hole needs to be widened, but, yes, just drop the seed in it. Below is my method with some seeds germinated.

Can be done in the dark or the light.

IMG_3399.jpg

crop3400.jpg

I either wait until the plants get larger and cut some off or I will let them all grow. Makes for very bushy growth with lots of chiles.

This is another advantage of hydro over soil, plants don't have to compete for root space, they're getting plenty of water and nutrient.

I also select for the best plant on occasion and remove the rest.

willard3 said:
I either wait until the plants get larger and cut some off or I will let them all grow. Makes for very bushy growth with lots of chiles.

This is another advantage of hydro over soil, plants don't have to compete for root space, they're getting plenty of water and nutrient.

I also select for the best plant on occasion and remove the rest.
Damn that's actually new to me. how 'bout Aeroponics? does it apply to it as well?

Back