smokers Ok, here's the last smoker I am ever going to get:

When talking about the cost of fuel (wood, charcoal, etc) and how long it will burn for in a smoker, you also have to consider the capacity of the smoker, and this thing can smoke a ton of stuff.

Also, an 8 hour cook with 20 lbs is not bad. Consider you will most likely be smoking at 225. This would probably afford 10 hours. Also consider you can use the minion method. The stats are pretty good!

I would take the burn time if its producing product that is! and with the gravity water feed you never have to open the door and lose any heat

The Hot Pepper said:
When talking about the cost of fuel (wood, charcoal, etc) and how long it will burn for in a smoker, you also have to consider the capacity of the smoker, and this thing can smoke a ton of stuff.

Also, an 8 hour cook with 20 lbs is not bad. Consider you will most likely be smoking at 225. This would probably afford 10 hours. Also consider you can use the minion method. The stats are pretty good!
With the minion method, how many hours of 225F cooking could you get from 20lbs charcoal?

Roguejim said:
With the minion method, how many hours of 225F cooking could you get from 20lbs charcoal?
12 -14 hrs burn depending on weather - the smoker Alden has is about a week ;) j/k

Man I have smoker envy and I am not embarrassed 

I've been using it every weekend.  I have run three "practice" turkeys through it so I have an idea of what temperature and how long it will take so there are no surprises on Thanksgiving.  I've settled on 250F, gives a good tasting bird and doesn't take forever.

Next weekend I will try a brisket or another butt.

-Alden

AldenMiller said:
I've been using it every weekend.  I have run three "practice" turkeys through it so I have an idea of what temperature and how long it will take so there are no surprises on Thanksgiving.  I've settled on 250F, gives a good tasting bird and doesn't take forever.

Next weekend I will try a brisket or another butt.

-Alden

That's a great temp for chicken. I do my chix at 250 too. Pork and beef 225.

Back