• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

OK wtf am I plant Death?

StupidJerk said:
Does the tray block the hole on the bottom of the pots, even a little bit? If so, it's going to dry faster if they are exposed to air.
So just to get this out of the way. There is a fan blowing on them with a good bit of force. There is absolutely no drainage restriction in any way on either the trays or the pots. I peroxided the soil around all of the plants, including the dead/dying one, and put soil up to the bottom leaves of that one.

N-hexane said:
So just to get this out of the way. There is a fan blowing on them with a good bit of force. There is absolutely no drainage restriction in any way on either the trays or the pots. I peroxided the soil around all of the plants, including the dead/dying one, and put soil up to the bottom leaves of that one.

Yep, you did exactly as you should. I had  trouble with damping off a few years back, chalk that one up to over-attention (boredom) and overconfidence.

Some of the ones that toppled over actually lived. They ended up with brown scar tissue on the stem, but that section caught up and grew anyway.

Haven't had it happen since i started adding beneficial bacteria myco's to my potting mix, and keeping it dry up top.

We're all here to learn I guess. Hopefully the rest of the plants (at least) turn out okay.

I got a reply fast and that should help me keep from killing the rest of my plants for another few days.

Back