• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

okay.. help me figure out this chile

Okay, so i've got this plant that i thought was a scorpion or a 7pot but to me it's looking like a naga? some help on this would be greatly apriciated.

First is the same chile from different angles, the second are assorted pods. third shows a pod that kinda looks like scorpion? fourth is smaller pods

superhotandpods_small.jpg
[bigger]
superhotpods1_small.jpg
[bigger]
superhotpods2_small.jpg
[bigger]
superhotpods3_small.jpg
[bigger]

Probably best just to mark that one off as a cross of some kind. The peppers should still be very tasty but I wouldn't worry about saving any seed.

there are only about 4-5 seeds in the unripe green pods i've pulled, they were very hot.. i think if i put one in salsa for chips it would be pretty hot salsa.

It could be a 7-pot - they seem to incorporate all the 'local' varieties in one form or another. And hey, if its hot & tasty - who cares :hell:

As bent says does it matter..there are no scorpions there and if i had looked quickly they all look like Bhutt/Bih Jolokias..except the middle bottom and the first bottom which could be 7 pods :)

I agree that this is not a Scorpion plant. Might very well be some Naga/7Pot-ish cross or sth like that.

The pods look great, so I wouldn't worry too much and enjoy the peppers! :)

Back