• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Okay I took on a dare (teaspoon of Mad Dog 357 Collector's Edition)

Okay folks. I'm not hot sauce pro. In fact I have toned down my curries when I go to an Indian restaurant. I love my chili sauce though. Usually something like Encona or Busha Browne's (which is what, maybe 2-3,000 Scoville units?) - lovely with pastas etc.

Anyway I took on a dare last night to do a teaspoon full of Mad Dog 357 Collector's Edition (600,000 scoville units). Firstly, this stuff is damn hot. Loads of people have tried it (family and friends) and even a pin prick on your tongue will give you a pretty hot sensation.

Here's the video. I really regretted doing it big time. I am sitting at work, already been to the toilet twice and my stomach is still churning. watch to the end of the vid for a pic of my puke in the sink lol.
I love hot stuff. Don't get me wrong, but anything over say 10,000 scoville units is IMO pointless.

Is there ANY way of putting this Mad Dog stuff into food without it being ridiculous? I love the taste of it straight away but then the heat sensation is ridiculous. I was thinking of putting some in a spagetti bolognese - how much should I use?

Thanks in advance.

Well I think it's like everything. Have enough of something and you'll soon get used to it. However I couldn't possibly enjoy that with anything. Just seems like a waste. I bought it as a laugh but I want to finish the bottle myself and wear the bullet on a chain as a show of accomplishment (oh and the fact the tasting spoon doubles up as an awesome cocaine holder LOL j/k).

What do most people use this sort of thing for? Impossible to use as an enjoyable dipping sauce.

Thanks mate.

True, so start off soft. A few ground rules, water will not help. The chemical that makes it hot is an oily substance so water just swishes it around. Milk, cheese dairy is your friend.

Try putting a little on cheese & crackers until you get the hang of it, then step it up a little, little more hen lose the cheese. Your heat sensors will adapt and you will get the full flavour of the sauce or fresh pod with a little, very bearable pain.

Also slicing up fresh pods in your meal allows you to judge how much you have each time & IMHO it's hard to find anything that tastes better than fresh pods.

Have a look around at what some ppl are eating here lol

Cheers dude. I will take your advice. I love cheese crackers.

What are the thoughts on snorting the stuff? Someone just mentioned it to me and I always like a challenge.

"What are the thoughts on snorting the stuff? Someone just mentioned it to me and I always like a challenge."

Why snort the stuff? Just use the lower abdominal region as a swizzle stick.

On snorting hot sauce: Don't.

Or do...but post a video of it...and have the local dairy farm on speed dial, as well as the paramedics.

"Sir, please explain what happened?"
"I...err...snorted hot sauce..."
"I see...and this?"
"Well, afterwards I put the cow's udder right into my nose, because dairy's supposed to help...that explains the hoofprint that is now embedded in my skull..."

=P

~Trexxen

I knew a guy who snorted Arby's horsey sauce on a dare and he ended up with major nose bleeds after repeated sneazing and nose blowing. Not a good thing. I can just see the macho-ness around here getting someone hurt.:(

POTAWIE said:
I knew a guy who snorted Arby's horsey sauce on a dare and he ended up with major nose bleeds after repeated sneazing and nose blowing. Not a good thing. I can just see the macho-ness around here getting someone hurt.:(

The glittering monitors of youtube fame are luring them in.

Tried the crackers but I still think it's way too hot for that even only using a small amount.

Going to try it in a pasta dish hopefully some time this week and let you know what I think. It's just trying to extract the flavour of the sauce without the heat being too overpowering. However on something which is this hot anyway it might be impossible.

Yup, only had little crackers but used some good ol' French Brie. :D

Still, was too hot. Maybe will try different crackers. I'm determined to be able to enjoy this sauce otherwise it's back to Busha Browne's Hot Pepper sauce which is very pallatable.

Maybe find an intermediate sauce. You've been in the kiddie pool (Busha Browne), and now your diving in the deep end (Mad Dog 357). That should help you build up tolerance while still being able to enjoy your tolerance building. Just watch out, that intermediate area is where the kids pee in the pool (Ass in the Tub/Space/Antarctica/etc., others)

Can you recommend something please? I really like garlic if that helps? lol. I like jerk sauce too. I want something not ridiculously hot - maybe a little kick which subsides quickly. Not something which completely ruins the experiance.

Thanks very muchly! :D

Back