Oktoberfest Party?

Hey ya'll, anyone doing an Oktoberfest party? There is supposed to be a good one at one of the joints on the strip..Hofbrauhaus?
Might give it a go. Course I'd rather be at the Paulaner tent in Munich..but alas...tsk..tsk.. a damned shame I tell ya'.

Cheers ya'll, TB.

Cheers TB. I have just tapped a caramel oktoberfest (or Maerzen) that I brewed a few months back. I guess that qualifies.

I too would love to be in Munich, but alas, that is probably 20 years off or so, when my youngest moves out.

Hope you have fun, and hope the brew is good.

:cheers:

Cheezy, I haven't HB'd since moving here to Las Vegas. Our water here sucks for beer...and I need music gear before water filters and conditioners. Homebrew definitely qualifies if its a Maerzen.

Cheers, TB.

Understood! You have to prioritize.

I am in opposite shape. My Ibanez soundgear 6 string bass guitar and my stack haven't been used since my 2nd daughter was born. She is 4 now.;)

I will get back to it when the kids are older, til then I will at least be sipping some fine home brew!

For what it is worth, I have had good luck with the bottled water at the grocery. Then again, that may depend on the municipal water supply too now that I think about it.

I wouldn't have to go as far as you guys to get to Munich, but I've never been to Oktoberfest. I hate the music, the beer is overprized etc.. Nah, I'd rather have some good cold beer with friends or at a pub than going there. Just my two cents.
I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, eh?

I'm not going to any here this year....these folks just don't get it at all.....the ones around here are sponsored by Budweiser and Coors(and thats pretty much the only beer you can get), the food is terrible and over-priced(as is the piss-water beer), they have crappy ass cover bands doing non-stop typical southern rock, and a bunch of fat drunk ass rednecks screaming and hollering and running around shirtless like a bunch of felons. Only in Florida could they turn Oktoberfest into a freakin Nascar race. It should be a crime to do that.

Sickmont said:
I'm not going to any here this year....these folks just don't get it at all.....the ones around here are sponsored by Budweiser and Coors(and thats pretty much the only beer you can get), the food is terrible and over-priced(as is the piss-water beer), they have crappy ass cover bands doing non-stop typical southern rock, and a bunch of fat drunk ass rednecks screaming and hollering and running around shirtless like a bunch of felons. Only in Florida could they turn Oktoberfest into a freakin Nascar race. It should be a crime to do that.

FREEBIRD!!

Sickmont said:

Can I put that entire post in my sig? Lol.;)

texas blues said:
A man with a stack...that's a man after mine own heart. Crank that 'thang up.

Cheers, TB.

I need to! But first I need new strings.

I'm embarrassed! I don't even have callouses anymore.

And yes, the brew is a Maerzen, except that I did not brew it in March.(hence the name maerzen).

I have a problem. I brew a Maerzen in march, and stick it in my basement, (the old germans and monks used caves to keep it cold and lager it, I figure I am not too far off!) but instead of ageing it until September, I seem to have a taste here and there until it is gone by June or so.

I then brew another one and let it sit until September.

I don't think I am bragging, homebrew in general is so much better than anything you can get at the store for less than $7 or $8 bucks a sixer. But this recipe is soooo good!

I took a traditional maerzen recipe and kicked in a bit of crystal malt to give it a nice caramel note. YUM.

You are right, in ancient times they had to store it in cellars etc during the summer, because you weren't allowed to brew from 23rd of April until some day in September. People used to grow chestnut trees right above these cellars for some extra shade.

I never tried home brewing myself, but I'm sure I will one day --- then again, I said that 10 years ago :)!

I highly recommend it.

spent $90 on ingredients lst night. That will net me about 60 bottles of a Rich American caramel Amber, and 60 bottles of a Roasty Chocolate Imperial Stout.

At about $.75 /bottle I am not saving a ton of cash over say....BMC beer, but are you kidding?

Either of those would be $8 a sixer in the store.

Just in time for cool weather!

Back