• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Old school video games

It's amazing how far video games have come since back in "the day". But let's not forget where it all started. So lately I've been rockin some old school NES games on the wii virtual console. Mostly old Legend of Zeldas and Metroid. So what's everyone's favorite old school games?

Mortal kombat II, Tobal No 1, Zombies ate my neighbors, lost vikings ( SNES Only Please), Clay fighter, Wiz n Liz, Crash Bandicoot, Maximum Carnage, and a few more.

Mike Tysons punch is the greatest. N.B.A jams hes on fire, Zelda , Super Mario brothers, Mortal Combat, Madden , Sonic, T.M.N.T, Frogger, Mrs Pacman, all the baseball games, Jordan vs Bird

Asteroids, Centipede, PacMan, Qbert, Galaga, Space Invaders (REALLY old school), Wizard of Wor, and my personal favorite, Tempest. Reminds me of High School.

Asteroids and Space Invaders

Had 'em for an Atari 5200 back in '82. Santa brought it.
4-bit graphics back then.

Makes me want to hook up the kid's Wii.

PHOENIX,STAR CASTLE,GALAXIAN,GALAGA,SPACE INVADERS,ZAKZON,DEFENDER

these where some of my favs from back in the day, i love them still!!

thanks your friend joe

Has anyone ever played echelon? I had it for commador 64 in the mid 80s. It was a great game. I wish I could find a way to play it again. There was another game I had for the C64 that I can't remember the name. You searched through an old tomb filled with mummies/zombies/aliens (I don't know what they were). It was mostly 1st person. Wish I could remember.

I started with a Atari 2600? Then my next console was a Sony play station. Mainly PC games. Golden axe, altered beast, nba jam, Sam and max. And of course all the monkey island series and Leisure Suit Larry!!!!

who remembers NEC TURBO GRAFIX 16?? it was the first CD driven gaming system
I remember it well because it was the hottest thing at the local mall where i used to buy my music and stereo equipment
it was not too popular because the technology took off so quick it was obsolete soon after it hit the stores, at least that's what i think i heard about it??
thanks your friend Joe

DarthPepper, I'm more along the lines of what you grew up playing. Loved Zelda and Metroid. A few of my other favorites were Top Gun, Rad Racer, and especially Contra. Later on I got into some of the RPGs. I also somewhat liked Kid Icarus and Pitfall.

Back