• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Olympics opening kinda sux

So, Im sitting here with my tablet watching the opening ceremony and I gotta say after an hour or so, THIS THING SUX!!, the olympics, not the tablet.
Anyone else see it?
Is it just me?

So, Im sitting here with my tablet watching the opening ceremony and I gotta say after an hour or so, THIS THING SUX!!, the olympics, not the tablet.
wow...really??! What didn't you like about it? I thought it was great :)

I aint gonna follow this thread, only because I don't wanna know scores of games I have recorded, etc....
Including the Opening Ceremonies. :beer:

It's only an hour or so into it as were pacific time but its seems like they just threw it together in a rush. I mean cmon, tubular bells? Love the song but its best remembered by most as the theme for The Exorcist. Another part when all the working class people came out of the holes under the roots I thought they were zombies.. lmao..
Another part even the NBC commentators said the huge baby looked "creepy"
Another part I thought was a commercial.. lol
Compared to others its just amateurish is all in my opinion.
edit:
ok it got better when the music of the 70's, 80's, etc... but still a lot of it just reminds me of like the Tostitos Bowl halftime show.
I was just expecting more is all.. It wasnt all that bad I guess.

Olympics? when? Oh you mean the formerly amateur competition that has now been over run by professional athletes cause nobody really gives a damn about integrity? Those Olympics?

Back