• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Omelets

Brunch Omelet 

g7pJ15H.jpg

Broccoli, Havarti, and white Cheddar omelet. Stuffed and smothered in creamy MN Wild Rice soup(leftover from throwdown :) )

2gGGNaT.jpg
Bite Pic

so tasty!  :drooling:
Quite possibly the best omelet I've had so far this year.

:cheers:

It's because too many people take eggs for granted. Hard boiled? You just throw in the pot. Scrambled? Just mix and cook. Best scrambled tutorial I saw was Chrissy cooking eggs on the Sopranos because it was spot on :lol:

In NY/NJ we know eggs, meats, and Italian lol.

The Hot Pepper said:
It's because too many people take eggs for granted. Hard boiled? You just throw in the pot. Scrambled? Just mix and cook. Best scrambled tutorial I saw was Chrissy cooking eggs on the Sopranos because it was spot on :lol:

In NY/NJ we know eggs, meats, and Italian lol.
Best way I found to scramble eggs and to make an omelet for that matter, it to start with a cold pan. Never preheated. Cooks way better that way.

Edmick said:
Best way I found to scramble eggs and to make an omelet for that matter, it to start with a cold pan. Never preheated. Cooks way better that way.

I use cast iron and it is always hot for omelettes. Scrambled, I find to be better using s cold pan and low heat. So many different ways to do it.

I really like that Homocide sauce too. Thanks for doing those reviews.

tctenten said:
I use cast iron and it is always hot for omelettes. Scrambled, I find to be better using s cold pan and low heat. So many different ways to do it.

I really like that Homocide sauce too. Thanks for doing those reviews.
How do you not brown the egg starting with a hot cast iron? Do you flip it? Great looking dish in your previous post by the way.

Yeah I totally figured that was an 8" omelet pan.

I like my omelet Julia Child French style, no browning whatsoever, and fluffy. Out of hot CI, impressive.

Must be a well seasoned pan and it is more likely a medium heat I would assume... well done tho sir.

Stop with the American fries talk!!! I wikied that shit and they are home fries :lol:

Home fries (US), house fries (US), American fries (US), fried potatoes (UK and regional US) or bistro potatoes (southeastern US)

The Hot Pepper said:
Stop with the American fries talk!!! I wikied that shit and they are home fries :lol:
Home fries (US), house fries (US), American fries (US), fried potatoes (UK and regional US) or bistro potatoes (southeastern US)
Ever been to Pommes Frites?

Back