• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

OMG - Pain Has Arrived!!

A friend of mine sent me these today.  To say I'm a bit scared to bite into them is an understatement!!  Time to dive into the deep water tonight.   I was given them with the request to not release seeds until some things are worked out. As you know, I honor these requests.   I hope I survive the onslaught.   Not sure what variety they are, but I have no doubt they'll put a hurtin' on me. lol. Some of the coolest pods I've ever seen honestly.  Just pure pimpled, bumpy, capsaicin filled pods!!

Chris

Those are awesome looking! I would have had to try one right away. Please update with the taste and so forth.

Real nice pic's Chris..man I bet that ruler has seen awesome wicked pods more than ive had in my life lol.

Holy smokes do those things look wicked!!!

Have they been given names yet?

Very gnarly pods indeed friend ;0)

OK, just ate some of the pod  I'm not going to lie.  It kicked my ass all over the place.  Just pure burn and pain in the back of the tongue and throat.  It's still going.  Those are just brutal.  Nothing but placenta. 

Chris

OK, just ate some of the pod  I'm not going to lie.  It kicked my ass all over the place.  Just pure burn and pain in the back of the tongue and throat.  It's still going.  Those are just brutal.  Nothing but placenta. 

Chris
So what did it taste like compared to something like a Douglah? Tom

Little different burn in my opinion.   A very upfront hard burn.  Taste was a little better too.  Both are ridiculously hot though.

Chris

cycadjungle said:
So what did it taste like compared to something like a Douglah? Tom

Looks amazing Chris. Are those those the Choc 7 Pot Lavas?? I saw Paul Tonkin Dona review of one that looked almost identical, and they look like the reds. Also, still under wraps by Judy.

I for one would love to grow it, but I really respect the growers creating these strains that are keeping them close until they are stable. Things like that make this hobby more mature. Not releasing something (especially for sale) that isn't ready and ending up with pod shapes and heat levels all over the place.

Sorry, I'm off my soap box now. Congrats on the wicked pods and ENJOY!!

Back