• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

One of my plants got an award!

It's a 3 year old angel wing begonia that I've overwintered twice.  It got first place in the houseplants category in the local county agricultural fair.  :D

10406994_633847350054572_5766366758581986831_n.jpg

Congratulations!  There is nothing like getting a blue ribbon in any Fair. You should be proud!

Nice Tuberous Begonia. They are one of my three favorites, the others being Tuberous Dahlias and Fuchsias.
Why do you overwinter it since it is a bulb?

Hey everyone thanks I really haven't done anything except let it grow haha.  It never has even been pruned other than what dies off when it goes dormant.

Proud Marine Dad said:
Nice Tuberous Begonia. They are one of my three favorites, the others being Tuberous Dahlias and Fuchsias.
Why do you overwinter it since it is a bulb?

They're not cold hardy enough to survive here in the WInter.  Our average minimum low temperature is 0ºF which is more than enough to kill it

Back