• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

One of my Youtube vids goes viral! (My sons ping pong ball tricks!))

Hi all!

Last year i took loads of footage of my son, Tom, doing his ping pong ball tricks, and after a month or 2 it started getting popular, having over 14,000 hits.

Last night i uploaded his newest ping pong tricks video just before going to bed....when i woke this morning i had well over 200 email notifications saying "someone has commented on your youtube video" and it's been the same all day..lol

Plus i have had emails from CNN, ABC America, Nickelodeon and a couple of others asking if they can show it on tv!!! Woooop! I have emailed them all and will post on here if i get a positive result.

And so far the video has had over 50,000 views in just under 24 hours.....Tom is stoked as you can imagine!!

Anyway, here is a link for the video.... that i found just now, on the msn site of all places!

http://now.msn.com/now/0628-ping-pong-trick-shots.aspx

Awsome, and i must say i have family friends that live in geelong. I visited there about 4 years ago, and went to a cats game. I must say i love it and catch there games ove here once in while when is aried in the states.

Reactions: nee
Hi Josh!

Yeah, we moved from the UK to Geelong in 2007 (my wife is originally from Geelong) and it was very easy to get into the AFL and especially the Geelong Cats, as they had just won about a month before we emigrated here!!!
I have never been into any ball sports at all until we moved here, but i'm getting quite hooked on the old AFL! Go Catters!!! :)

That's Awesome!! :dance: How many trys before he makes them?

Oh, just loads and loads...lol

Actually, the moving cup ones he nailed in about 5 goes (the ones where he slides the cup across the floor and then throws the ball) but others have taken a good 20 minutes or so. But i'm so proud that he keeps on until he gets it, as it's a good lesson in patience if nothing else!!
We have a great father / son experience making these anyway, so none of it is classed as a waste of time if you know what i mean!?
My Dad spent 9 months of the year at sea, so i vowed that i would spend a lot more time with my kids than i recieved......and if it means spending countless hours filming him and a ping pong ball, then that's how it will be :)

Righty...before i hit the hay, i have just recieved an email from the promo company that made the "Charlie Bit Me" video go HUGE!!!! Asking if i want them to market my video. Im going to sleep on it, but i reckon................ Bring it on!

DUDE!!!! this is awesome i see this video everywhere!!!!

Wow! Where did you spot it!? Really curious to know!!!

awesome man.. posting it on my FB
Many thanks King :)

Next time leave a bottle of Lucky Dog laying around in the background.
:dance:
Ahhhhh, tell me about it!!! I make music, and i'm kicking myself that i didn't use one of my tracks as the soundtrack for it :( GrrrrrR!

Lmao lucky

cool video man that's awesome, is your boy all excited trying to make more ?
Thanks Beez!
And yeah, he's hounding me to film more.....the weather's not been too kind here though, and i'm trying to do more outdoor shots as the camera seems to favour them a lot more!

thats awesome,,give the little dude a high five from sicman.
Will do Sicman :)

So that's not just good photo editing / CGI? I've seen dozens of fake ping pong ball trick shot videos. A lot of these look totally impossible. Like the trampoline shot for example - It would be impressive to get the kind of distance he gets off a paddle much less thrown. the roof shot too - so many variables of physics from the way the ball hits the roof to knowing the velocity it comes off the roof with. Likewise with the "no-look" bank shots. Makes me skeptical.

Just saying - it's a fun video, but I'm having a hard time believing it's legit.

So that's not just good photo editing / CGI? I've seen dozens of fake ping pong ball trick shot videos. A lot of these look totally impossible. Like the trampoline shot for example - It would be impressive to get the kind of distance he gets off a paddle much less thrown. the roof shot too - so many variables of physics from the way the ball hits the roof to knowing the velocity it comes off the roof with. Likewise with the "no-look" bank shots. Makes me skeptical.

Just saying - it's a fun video, but I'm having a hard time believing it's legit.

Hi mate! A lot of these shots took AGES to get! But i promise you that they are all 100% legit.

Back