• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

One Reaper vs Another

ajdrew said:
Swampy, seems like a lot of branches, or is it more than one plant in the picture.  If its just one plant, wondering if you promoted all those branches with trimming.  Looks like wow no matter which.
That plant was topped at about 4 weeks old although I lost one of the 4 main branches during a heavy rain.
This plant was bigger and left to grow natural.The topped ones produced more.

Ye, I discovered trimming off the top because I am a cheap bastard.  Instead of buying a large number of seeds, I buy a few, plant indoors really early and clone baby clone.

This was in my news feed.  Sharing to make anyone growing a non-reaper feel good.  According to the Vancouver Sun, the Carolina Reaper is a friendly looking, shiny smooth skinned pepper that isn't nearly as hot as the grower expected.  The Vancouver man says he ordered his seeds from the Puckerbutt Pepper Company.  His first batch would not fruit at all.  His second try produced what he and the article say are Carolina Reaper peppers, but they are not all that hot and they dont look like Carolina Reapers.

http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/Vancouver+grows+world+hottest+pepper/11277653/story.html

I no longer have any clue.  I thought it was other folk rushing to market, growing things they didnt know about.  But then you have people claiming they ordered seed from Puckerbutt and showing what ever these things are, saying they are not all that hot.  It makes no sense.  I have one non-reaper out there among hundreds of plants this year.  The thing is stable, I have no doubt.

I wanted to post a pic. of my non-reaper reaper from plants I got from hirt's gardens, but couldn't find a way to do it. Is outside photo storing site a must, or I'm just not smart enough?

hotchill said:
I wanted to post a pic. of my non-reaper reaper from plants I got from hirt's gardens, but couldn't find a way to do it. Is outside photo storing site a must, or I'm just not smart enough?

You can post a link, but if you want the pic to show up in the actual post, I think you need to use the 3rd party host.

M

Back