• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Only 5 more required

chilliman64 - can you really say this site would be a 1000 member site if maybe only 50 people partake in this site at any given time during the year & the rest were people that posted only a couple times then never heard from again. its like saying you could make up several names to join for this site & then never use them, so could you really say theres x amount of members.
yea its cool the member list is going up but I think you'd need to take into consideration what I've said also.

SPOILSPORT! You have a valid point, but I think that 1000 people who bothered to sign up is pretty cool. If they then die or forget the web address or whatever, that can hardly be controlled. Again I think you have a valid point, but who knows how many members look at posts but just never post themselves?

cheezydemon said:
SPOILSPORT! Again I think you have a valid point, but who knows how many members look at posts but just never post themselves?

Im gonna say about 950... LOL I crack myself up. Now time to sleep! :hell:

Slinter said:
Im gonna say about 950... LOL I crack myself up. Now time to sleep! And I hate Pam! :hell:

What a horrible thing to say!!! Just kidding. I was bored and experimenting with the quote feature.

cheezydemon said:
What a horrible thing to say!!! Just kidding. I was bored and experimenting with the quote feature.

You're going on my permanent ~baleful glare~ list.

cheezy - yea maybe a spoilsport but theres truth to that!
1st I'm not saying this website did this, but I wouldnt put it past some websites to make up alot of members to make it seem like theres alot of members to a certain website.
seeing high numbers of current members can influence people to join sites, even when infact theres not that many members!
just look at the member list of some forums (if they have that feature?) you'll be amazed at how many members are at 0 posts.

IMO the numbers of members consist of who actually take part in the forum, not the member list.

chilehunter said:
cheezy - yea maybe a spoilsport but theres truth to that!
1st I'm not saying this website did this, but I wouldnt put it past some websites to make up alot of members to make it seem like theres alot of members to a certain website.
seeing high numbers of current members can influence people to join sites, even when infact theres not that many members!
just look at the member list of some forums (if they have that feature?) you'll be amazed at how many members are at 0 posts.

IMO the numbers of members consist of who actually take part in the forum, not the member list.

I think it's a great thing that 1000-odd people stopped by and thought enough of this site to take the time to join up, even if only for a short time. if site membership is measured in how many posts you make then you may have just ostracized many members who prefer to just read the goings on, making only the occasional post - it doesn't mean they are less of a member because they don't measure up to your interpretation of what defines a site member.

in fact, some forums will edit site members who continually take an argumentative approach with their posts and even delete their posts if they lack relevance!

IMO

Pam said:
You're going on my permanent ~baleful glare~ list and I will have you killed!!

I am shocked Pam! what a temper!

OK, OK I will stop meddling with quotes. I just wondered if you would notice! You don't miss a thing do you? Glad to have you as a part of this site!(even if you do give that baleful glare a little too often LOL)

P.S. and did you notice??I am heating up!!LOL

in fact said:
I want to be respectful to the site and forum, but I also appreciate humor and threads that sometimes take a new direction which may not be relevant to the original topic. On a site like this it may at some point be necessary to censor someone, but with all due respect, censorship is never something to be taken lightly.(said in the least argumentative and most pleasant way possible!) Thanks, and I sincerely do love this site!

cheezydemon said:
Originally Posted by Pam:
You're going on my permanent ~baleful glare~ list and I will have you killed!!

I am shocked Pam! what a temper!

OK, OK I will stop meddling with quotes.

That's redundant, anyway. My baleful glares can drop a charging rhino at 100 paces.

P.S. and did you notice??I am heating up!!LOL

It doesn't matter, we're never going to catch imaguitergod. Believe me, I've been trying.

That's Ok, if you catch up to him, it's time to take a good hard look at your priorities and decide if you have a life outside of this website!(Ha Ha, I know you have other hobbies IGG ...like: spoiling the Harry Potter ending, taking um...trips into the inner mind, growing tomatoes, and snorting peppers, and....and.. ....did I mention spoiling the HP ending????)
All in good fun!

chilehunter said:
chilliman64 - the rest were people that posted only a couple times then never heard from again...
Yeah, I know I did that. I have wrist troubles (RTS, hasn't developed to carpal tunnel) so it's tough to sit at a computer when it's not esential. I've been lurking recently using my PSP. I hope to put up more posts soon, just need to find a topic I can help on.

I understand some people might not post much, which I dont have a problem with that. but I just find it funny theres so many members at 0 posts at many website forums I've visited. take this forum for example I looked at random 4 pages of the member list & I came up with 71 members at 0 posts out of 33 pages which then would give you a average figure of 585 members with 0 posts.
thats alot of people that felt the need to join but never even posted once. did they all die ? or get thrown into jail ? I know some people can lose internet access, but still those numbers are high IMO.

also you dont even need to join (become a member) to visit & read the forums on this site, so if they never felt like they'll ever post on this site then whats the point of becoming a member ? wouldnt they then fall back to being called "lurkers" or "guests" vs being a "member" ?
I watch football does that mean I'm a member of the NFL, even though I dont take part in the NFL.

its just some food for thought, I'm not saying its true but it makes you wonder.

danm552 - sorry to hear about your issue. you dont have to post when you can only help someone out with a question or something, you can just BS with others here also about anything. & what I'm talking about isnt aimed towards you or others like you, just the members with 0 posts I find it really odd to have such high numbers of those members.

maybe this would be better suited for myth busters or snopes :mouthonfire:

Back