• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Only 5 more required

danm552 - as for tracking which thread you've seen or which thread has new posts that you havent seen yet, thats automatically, you dont even need to be a member or log onto the site for this to happen. the only time those go away are when you clear your history log & your cookies/temp files which then you just start over every thread is like you've never opened it & from then on it tracks the new threads or posts.

DanM552 said:
I did think of one reason to become a member, the site tracks which topics the user has read.

And some people want to be able to ask a question or add a tidbit of information so they go ahead and join and some people want to participate but they have time constraints or they're a bit shy or whatever. Doesn't matter as long as they don't spam. The more the merrier.

1000 is a nice milestone to look upon and I think it is fair to use it as a 'valid' number of appreciation when there was no real advertisement or any other means to increase the number of members as such. When you near that 1000, the least you can say is that 1000 people took the time and the effort to enroll, and wanted to be part of this forum.
Zero posters isn't a new phenomenon either : each forum is a mixture of expertise and newbies, and most newbies will be overwelmed by the expertise and want to 'sit out' some time just following the threads. Some newbies have troubles getting their seeds up of their common 'supermarket green hot pepper variety', let alone debate on the dna of the 'real naga'...
Newbies with a low treshold will try to say as little as possible in the 'open' subjects (welcome, general, whatever) and hope to say few (what they call stupidities).

So, for my part, celebrate the 1000th, and praise the forum for it, among many pepper related sites it is a good one...

Back