• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Open Pollinated - Do you know what it means?

Funny part is this Aj, you made a simple statement noting the misuse of one term, and how to substitute a more appropriate terminolgy.

Now 3 pages later some folks are flogging a dead horse. Sometimes simple things become complicated because WE complicate them...........
Kinda like growing, itself...

Funny part is this Aj, you made a simple statement noting the misuse of one term, and how to substitute a more appropriate terminolgy.

Now 3 pages later some folks are flogging a dead horse. Sometimes simple things become complicated because WE complicate them...........

I see things in complex ways. Get used to it if I'm posting I suppose. I've learned from this thread (I'm new to plant breeding) and got my times worth out of it.

when i say something is open pollinated it usually means it isnt isolated but i dont just label something i know might be crossed open polinated if it is a cross i usualy eat it and forget about the plant or i save the seeds and label it as a cross :) i know not everyone wants open pollinated seeds but it can be a pain to isolate unless you are growing the plants indoors. (just my interpratation of a open pollination)

Back