• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Opinion? -> Aji Habanero, Habanero De Arbol, Aji Crystal

Well, obviously I'm preparing my Peppermania order here, and the above three are calling out to me. Can anyone weigh in on what any of these three taste like, also how well they grow (prolific vs stingy etc). Thanks

Hey mate, half way through growing some Aji Crystal so not sure on taste yet, but as far as growing goes it's awesome! It's about 2ft square and has approx 50 pods set, and still going. Looking forward to munching on some. Hope this helps mate, good luck!

I've grown Aji crystal, it's a tasty pepper imo. I even still have some dried. It wasn't that prolific for me, but I'm in cooler area with a shorter season. Though I would say if you can grow habs well Aji crystals should also grow fine. The taste is "citrus" but not like a hab. Personally I find habs to be more "milk sour" then citrus, well the Aji Crystal is closer to a true citrus taste.

aji crystal tastes awsome. not very hot but very good. aji habanero is my favorite. a little sharper than crystal but full of flavour. arbol is ok but the other 2 are much better. but that's just my oppinion. i'm sure some will disagree , but it's all good.

cool....I'm going with the Aji Amarillo, Aji Cristal and Aji Habanero this year. Can't wait to get 'em growin'!

Hi Mega, I'm planning on growing Aji Crystal next year and came across this thread. How did things work out for you? Thanks, Tom

I've never grown them (first time growing peppers this year), but Aji Cristal is almost the only pepper they sell here (and it's everywhere!). It is indeed very tasty and quite mild. Make sure you try them when still green!

Back