• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Opinions on a SFR box of peppers just recieved please

Status
Not open for further replies.
As well as human body parts!

It's people like sicman and PepperLove that give the pepper community a good name, and guys like Dale and whoever sent the peppers to you, MNhots, that give the community a bad name...

Another day, another Dale thread.

I would say that I am starting to see a trend here, but that trend started long ago and is just continuing.

Just looking at the pictures, I would have to think that Baker's is where the OP got his/her pods from.

This is right off of Dale's website.

[SIZE=small]We decided to put together a "Mixed Box" of fresh peppers! Our customers have been asking for it, and we promised it would be back! So, here it is folks! :) Each box ordered will have a totally random MIX of some of the Fresh Peppers we grow and sell. This is your chance to sample some of the different types of peppers we grow, and your chance to experience the different heat levels and flavors! Its pretty INTENSE if you ask me! :) There will be no rhyme or reason as to which types or how much of each type will be in each box, but we do GUARANTEE they will ALL be NUCLEAR HOT since thats all we grow! Possible types included are as follows...Trinidad Scorpion Moruga, Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate, 7 Pot Brain Strain Red, 7 Pot Primo, The Reaper, & Trinidad Scorpion Butch T & MORE!! 25-30 Peppers per box. FREE Shipping as always![/SIZE]

If shipping is free as always, why is he charging for shipping to replace moldy peppers?

Jeff H said:
Another day, another Dale thread.

I would say that I am starting to see a trend here, but that trend started long ago and is just continuing.

Just looking at the pictures, I would have to think that Baker's is where the OP got his/her pods from.

This is right off of Dale's website.

If shipping is free as always, why is he charging for shipping to replace moldy peppers?

Why indeed. My guess is, he doesn't want to lose the money on both replacing the peppers and having to pay for the "free" shipping...

I normally stay out of these types of discussion because I don't like drama, BUT!!!

Good luck getting a replacement.  We ordered a box of Morugas last season.  We received the wrong peppers.  After several communications with (the vendor) and lots of promises to make it right, I eventually wrote it off as a loss and never did get the right peppers.

I'll be sticking with some of the other great vendors on this site from now on.  Sorry you are having to deal with this, but it seems to be a pretty common thread.

Speaking for myself. My bash was due to what Gomojoe received after purchasing pre-arrival< (which in itself is recockulous for pods). I am very familiar with the art and game of pre-arrival in the wine biz. And to use this sales technique with pods is beyond words. Further more, to deliver a product that is spoiled and has giant larvae holes after the wait. I reference my 1st. post.                (in hindsight I should have quoted Gomo's picture)

just to clarify.

I think the pods are completely unacceptable as are the pay to ship replacements policy. I have no problem exposing whatever vendor sold this mess i am just pointing out that as far as i read it has not been posted by the OP who they came from. If its bakers so be it but he gets his fair share of crap here and some of it from me. If they aren't from him its not fair.

carry on....

PrimeTime said:
So are the original peppers posted from bakers? No need to bash the guy if they aren't his...

oCaveman said:

I agree... I read a post in the thread that mention them and jumped on board.  I made changes to my post to leave out any names (for now)  :)

agreed!  i know one thing!  if they wernt my pods and people mentioned my name i would have cleared it day 1. if they were my pods i would say im sorry and replace the box for FREE. 

i have no idea where the pods came from?    but clear your name Homeslice.

Great to see all the support from the community.

I emailed the guy yesterday with photos. no response yet.

I did try one of the browns. Immediate heat that faded pretty quickly.
going to make some salsa this weekend.

I waited 2 months for these peppers and got a questionable product.
The box I bought was $10 cheaper a week or so ago. Price is now up $5 again.
How do you drop the price before the people who invested early even get their peppers?

I will keep you guys posted on the developing story. 

Cheers everyone and have a great weekend.

Well that makes it pretty clear where the OP got his pods DOINK!

MNhots and GOMOJOE, I hope you recover your losses soon.

A note to newbies and visitors its well worth it, to take the time to look thru the vender reviews.

Now, I'm a newbie round here, and don't know squat. 

I think it's pretty obvious who sent that box of rot.

But,

I done told the bozz already. 

I think Bakers makes THP look bad. 

GBTFO!  Ewww. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back