• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Orange Trinidad Scorpion?

I was looking at a seed site the other day, and they were selling an Orange Trinidad Scorpion. The description says they found it in a growout in '07 and had the same taste but less heat than the regular scorpion. It did interest me, and I already decided to buy other varieties, so I decided to buy this one as well.

Anyone heard of this before or grow it?

Thanks
jacob

I heard of it. I know several people who got orange spinoffs, but the pod characteristics didn't match the original TS. What seed site?

Thanks for replying. Doesn't look like a standard scorpion, but still looks cool. Here is the link:

http://www.semillas.de/cgi-bin/shop_en/shop.cgi?shop=&product=Peppers%20QZ&cart_id=2164916.17680

And here is a picture:

trinidad_scorpion_orange.jpg

jacob

Looks like some Mustard habs I grew a couple years ago after the aphids and other nasties stunted the plant.
They were very hot but not scorpion hot.Feeble look alikes. LOL

Grew it last year.

Not much scorpion about it at that time... No scorpion-stinger and not the scorpion heat.

But of course the strain could have been improved by carefully seed-collection this year. Looking forward to see your result if you decide to grow it.

/René

I grew Yellow Scorpions last year. They actually turned out closer to orange than yellow.

They were hot as hell so maybe I have the Orange TS?

Here's a shot:

3951638592_3810403c95_o.jpg

The shot you posted reminded me of the 7 pots I grew last year:

3864681633_5baabba331_o.jpg

Bill

I will be growing them out. I am sure it is probably from a cross and won't be truly scorpion like, but it still looks like an interesting pepper. I'll find out in about 6 months if that is true.

jacob

I like the looks of them in the photo you posted Jacob. Might have to give this site some business. Thanks for the link.

I can't complain about the service so far. Decent prices, quick shipping. I ordered a few varieties and I got them in like 3 or 4 days. The real test is how they grow, and I will find that out soon! Going in the dirt tonight.

jacob

Back