• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

organic Organic fertilizer.

If you don't have a worm farm you can simply brew some compost or manure tea although it may not qualify as 100% organic depending on the source of the compost/manure

You should brew it to grow more beneficial micro-organisms while getting rid of the nasty ones. Its not too difficult and produces much better results

So you are just begining growing peppers? You never really answered the question definitively.

Yes I am just beginning to grow peppers, why? Is there some kind of important information that you will have when I say yes or no?

" I have been lucky to find how great it is to grow peppers. I have mastered growing.

"If you master only one herb in your life, master cayenne pepper. It is more powerful than any other." Dr. Schulze

I may be good at growing but I have very much to learn about species of chilis. "

Notice how I stated:" I want to learn from everyone here that grow all these different kinds of peppers. "

That is what I am here to do.

Right now I'm using Chile Focus and Bio Weed, a cold processed seaweed. Adding in a bit of mycorrhizae too. When the plants get to the flowering stage I'll be adding something else to the program. Just haven't decided yet.

For getting rid of critters I've given up on the organics, just haven't found one that is effective for more than a day. I would like to plant something that will attract lady bugs this year. If that fails then it's time for the bug killing chemicals.

To the OP, how many seasons of growing indoor and outdoor did it take for you to come to the realization you've got it mastered? Do you have any formal education to go along with the experience? It excites me to know that there is a master grower among us. I sure hope you don't mind if I ask a lot of questions.

There's nothing really special about growing peppers, each species doesn't need it's own regiment of care. Very similar to growing tomatoes.

"There's nothing really special about growing peppers, each species doesn't need it's own regiment of care. Very similar to growing tomatoes. "

That says it. I have grown cherry tomatoes indoor. I find I learned a great deal from growing inside thats all. Feel free to ask questions involved in grow medium or fertilizer, that is what intrested me a lot. I am sure I can learn from you too.

I Use Fish and Poop, Heres what i found online
Applied as a soil drench or foliar spray, Monterey® Fish & Poop (9-6-2) is a highly concentrated liquid organic fertilizer. Derived from blood meal, fish meal, fish emulsion and sea bird guano -- it will leave your flowers, trees, transplants and vegetables looking their best. Houseplants love it, too!
This thing works like magic, its a bit High on Nitrogen but makes everything come up stronger and i can trutly say its the best ive used on any veggie plant out on my garden, the only downside its the Smell lol

I mixed in permatill and peat miss and tons of organic matter, dirt's crawling with worms and I plan to foliar feed with neptunes harvest and diamond nectar. I was having problems germinating and used some diamond nectar, everything started coming up in a few hours.

I mixed in permatill and peat miss and tons of organic matter, dirt's crawling with worms and I plan to foliar feed with neptunes harvest and diamond nectar. I was having problems germinating and used some diamond nectar, everything started coming up in a few hours.

I'm curious about the comment in bold Yumyumyellow. Do you mean your seeds weren't germinating and you applied diamond nectar and within a few hours your seeds germinated?

"Do you mean your seeds weren't germinating and you applied diamond nectar and within a few hours your seeds germinated? "

Yea lol? Temp would effect that way more then diamond nectar would. If it is what I think it is, Diamond nectar is a amino acid suppliment and it has sugars which are supposed to help motabolize nitrogen, fill in any missing nutritional gaps, and help with artificial decline in nitrogen at the transition and throught reproduction. I have used botanicare sweet with great results, the main thing I noticed was the plant motabolized way quiker thus grew quiker. I talked to an expert and they said it was a product that was not needed and a waste of money. I do not believe that, I look beyond the Macro/Micro nutrients a plant needs and relieze it can help.

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. Diamond nectar is a blend of humic/fluvic acids that chelate nutrients to the plants/seeds so they grow faster. It basically helps plants uptake nutrients, especially the heavier ones, I'm going to use it when I foliar feed but found its great for germination too. Way too much of a coincidence that 5 different types of peppers came up within a few hours of each other; It had to have helped.

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. Diamond nectar is a blend of humic/fluvic acids that chelate nutrients to the plants/seeds so they grow faster. It basically helps plants uptake nutrients, especially the heavier ones, I'm going to use it when I foliar feed but found its great for germination too. Way too much of a coincidence that 5 different types of peppers came up within a few hours of each other; It had to have helped.

It easily could have been a coincidence that they all came up around the same time.
You can't put all of it down to fulvic/humic acid, it may have helped who knows, but in my experience and I am sure most other people here multiple types of chilli varieties coming up at the same or around the same time would be quite a common occurrence with or without additives.

"Do you mean your seeds weren't germinating and you applied diamond nectar and within a few hours your seeds germinated? "

Yea lol? Temp would effect that way more then diamond nectar would. If it is what I think it is, Diamond nectar is a amino acid suppliment and it has sugars which are supposed to help motabolize nitrogen, fill in any missing nutritional gaps, and help with artificial decline in nitrogen at the transition and throught reproduction. I have used botanicare sweet with great results, the main thing I noticed was the plant motabolized way quiker thus grew quiker. I talked to an expert and they said it was a product that was not needed and a waste of money. I do not believe that, I look beyond the Macro/Micro nutrients a plant needs and relieze it can help.

No its not an amino acid supplement but simply a humic/fulvic acid blend (NPK 0:1:1)
Botanicare sweet seems like a whole other type of additive which is just Magnesium and Sulphur and really does look like a waste of money

I have been using a blend of poultry manure, blood meal bone meal, and epsom salts mixed into the soil at potting. Ten I alternate weekly feedings with aerated compost tea with bat guano and worm castings, and MG tomatoe food with thrive, molasses, hasta gro, and epsom salts. when they start flowering, I cut the Nitrogen and sidedress with bonemeal for available calcium. Has worked well the last few years, I am experimenting this year with different soil mixes and nutes. Hopefully I can stay on top of my log so I don't have to go from emory at the end of te season....

Can bet you that botanicare has low levels of the acids, the more acid polymer chains there are the nutrients there are available for the plants, stimulates rapid root growth but its use should be discontinued/minimized after a few weeks because it will lower yields tricking the plants into staying in vegetative growth

Are you saying "grow" should stop being used? Acids? Because a 3-2-4 npk ratio works for peppers all the way through. I use a pk booster too but never stop the grow.

For the most part, peppers are in veg and bloom all summer. They keep growing and producing.

Depending on your soil and the concentration of humic acid in "grow", and whether you use it as a foliar feed or on the roots you may see a little difference if you cut it back. Soils with high humic acid contents don't need the boost(if you have lots of peat or special shale pebbles mixed in or other things that naturally have humic acid in them). When you foliar feed with humic acid, it needs to be in much higher concentrations to work so if you're doing that then no worries. I've found foliar feeding on a frequent basis makes a big difference since the plants don't need to take in the nutrients all the way from the roots.
Bottom line though if you're happy with how it works and you feel it works good for you, it's probably not a big deal.

Also depends on how frequently you fertilize

Back