• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Organic lawns

Speaking of lawn enthusiast, has anyone here tried or practice organic fertilizing their bermuda/fescue? 

I've used synthetics for years and have always been happy with the results but just curious to see if anyone has done this with success.

I tired one summer. Blood meal, molasses and a few other things. Ended up with sand burrs, crabgrass and a million danilions. I don't think I did the pre emergent part right.

I can totally give you a organic plan for your lawn that will work for Bermuda, fescue, tiffway, KBG etc.....doesn't matter if you have Bermuda and I have 100%KBG... What your trying to do with organics is creating a soil food web that is complete and that can support the lawn..I can go into more depth if you would like and I could totally help you make your lawn look better the it ever has.. if interested just PM me

But one thing you need to know up front is that having an organic lawn equals much more work in the first couple years...

Edit..and yes I have had great success..check out my lawn thread..

Back