Organic PC-1 Seeds

Trade?

These are not the hottest peppers, I'm looking to trade for the hottest peppers.

Every forum has one of you. If you have seeds to trade, so be it. If not, please troll some other thread with your superior knowledge and instant posting ability.

it certainly is a hedge shame its a PC1 hedge give him some morich and bhutts and he will have a tree :)

Omri your right tasty is not what id call them either an acquired taste im sure

I'm growing Deep Water Culture Hydroponic under T-5 fluorescent lights with all Organic nutrients. That picture is one plant.

If anyone wants to send a few seeds and wait until after I grow them, I'll replace them with pods and seeds tenfold. You can tell I'll have a ton of seeds of whatever you send me. We know how to grow in Arcata. ;)

RedwoodIsland said:
These are not the hottest peppers, I'm looking to trade for the hottest peppers.

Every forum has one of you. If you have seeds to trade, so be it. If not, please troll some other thread with your superior knowledge and instant posting ability.

yessss... mad respect.

also... DWC, and T-5's. sounds like a nice setup. What kind of nutrients are you using?

Nutrients

I have a Nimbus Sierra filter for the water, about 7ppm output. Using unfiltered or bottled water is no way to treat your plants.

Started them going with no nutrients at all, just 110Watts of T-5 lights and pure tasty [H30+/HO-] in equal amounts.

Slowly upped the nutrients and Whammo. Too many peppers to count.

I use Pure Blend Pro Grow (3-1.5-4)

Good luck :)

[H30+/HO-]

NatGreenMeds said:
What exactly are you referring to when you say "[H30+/HO-]" ?

Hey, I'm a Chemist.

H20 is not what water is made of.
When you think of pure water (Ph neutral 7) it is an even balance of acidic [H30+] and basic [HO-] 'water'.
If you are interested, the equation for 2 molecules of H20 reacting is: H20 & H20 ----> H3O+ & HO-
That is why water is the universal solvent. Anything not also Ph 7 gets attacked when in water.
This perfectly explains why I let my dishes soak, it is not laziness ;)

I was a little buzzed and tend to pontificate at said times.

:)

Yay for wine!

RedwoodIsland said:
Hey, I'm a Chemist.
Yikes! Chemistry, the subject I've run from my entire life...

That's interesting. A lot more in-depth than I need to go.

You should start a thread on DIY extraction of pure capsaicin. I'll bet with the right equipment, it's not really that difficult...

Whatcha say?

Just kidding. It's probably a little dangerous and perhaps expensive.

Actually, I have no idea. I would like to know just for the knowledge though.

DIY extraction

NatGreenMeds said:
You should start a thread on DIY extraction of pure capsaicin. I'll bet with the right equipment, it's not really that difficult...

F-N kidding? DIY extraction? HA! If Lev A HazMat precautions are your idea of easy and fun.
That stuff is not to be played with.
Yes, it is easy enough to extract, but so toxic and cheap to buy, why play around and blind yourself? Well, there is one benefit to playing thus... a free dog. :)

Capsaicin can be obtained from some chemical supply sources at $150. for a gram. Not the $575. charged by some for 1/100th of that amount. Of course that is an estimate, because the only company selling small retail amounts of pure powder sealed under wax for display only does not list the weight, only the volume.

Hope that is not TMI...

Easy and Toxic

The extraction process is not hard, but the point?

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, that's why I won't detail the process. Distillation is pretty straight forward. Let Google be your enabler, not me.

I'm into peppers for cooking and flavor and heat, not just to be able to wear a T-shirt saying I'm able to sprinkle pure capsaicin powder on my tongue and not react.

Someone recently asked why I like the hottest peppers. They thought my taste buds were gone from the experience.
I told him that a lifetime of hot pepper eating allowed admission into the tastiest of peppers usually reserved for the avian set.

Plus, free sauna effect :)

Like I said, I had no idea what's involved. I'm a database guy!

I don't want to blow up my house!

I don't want to buy any either. I don't see what it would be good for.

Just my curiosity acting up.

Back