• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Out of control Fatalii

I gave the plant a major chop, flushed with FloraKleen for a couple hours, downed the nutrients and upped the lights.

current nutrient lineup for 3.5gal of water is:
15ml each FloraGrow, Micro, Bloom
4ml KoolBloom
4.5ml Cal-Mag
7.5ml AquaShield

I did this on 17 Sep, but forgot to record the pH it should have been between 5.8-6.1. Checked the pH today and it was near 6.7, readjusted to 5.9.

What do you guys think?

IMG_0272.JPG

No buds on the new growth yet...

I can't comment on the nutes or anything hydro for that matter, but research by Demers et al. (1998) has shown that tomato and chili plants benefit from 24 hours of light for the first 5 - 7 weeks, but after that period reducing the light times to 14 hours a day provided optimum results and the highest fruit yields. In some cases, they found that leaf chlorosis developed in plants exposed to 20 hours+ of light times as well as reduced plant yield. Anything more than 14 hours isn't beneficial and may actual contribute to less than optimum results.

Demers, Dominique-Andre, Martine Dorais, Wien, Chris H., and Gosselin, Andre 1998 "Effects of supplemental light duration on greenhouse tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.) plants and fruit yields" in Scientia Horticulturae 74, pp. 295-306

Back